Our Atlantic team is growing and we are looking for a web developer to join our group of digital technology experts. Based in our Halifax office, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative minds. If you’re passionate about digital experiences and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, high-energy work environment, you’ll love it here.
Our team thrives on challenges and works together to solve problems by bringing creative thinking and passion to every project. We want you to do the same. If you posses the following qualities you could be a great fit:
- Creative thinker
- Enthusiastic about technology
- Customer focused
- Deadline sensitive
- Continuous learning
As a Web Developer, you will work on both back-end and front-end technologies. As part of the development team you will be expected to collaborate and, at times, work alone to complete tasks and projects. Your work should be of a consistent high-quality and you should always strive to find the best solution. You will utilize proven technology skills and web development knowledge to:
- Build, test and deploy websites and web properties
- Convert website design files to HTML/CSS/SASS
- Integrate website design and architecture into CMS platforms
- Create interactive digital experiences
- Articulate technical details to non-technical clients
- Applicable work experience in an agency or similar work environemnt
- Experience with CMS setup and integration, Craft CMS preferred
- Experience with integrating APIs and third-party services
- Able to work with Git version management
- Knowledge of current web trends and standards
- Contribute to and understanding of wireframes
- Collaborating on technical scopes
- QA and testing
- Strong understanding of web design and user experience
- Contribute to project briefs and scopings
- Strong customer focus and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, but equally as comfortable working as part of a team
- Strong problem solver with the ability to interpret and respond to feedback
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Portfolio of past work required
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL Public Relations connects clients to the people who matter most; delivering the right message, at the right time. Grounded in research, insight and deep sector understanding, we bring together teams of discipline experts from across our network to provide creative communications solutions that move people in thought and actions. For over 40 years, NATIONAL has been at the centre of issues and industries that matter, leading change for today and tomorrow.
NATIONAL is Canada's leading public relations firm, servicing clients across a wide range of sectors, with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Saint John, Halifax and St. John's. NATIONAL’s service offering also includes NATIONAL Capital Markets, the industry’s foremost investor relations and financial services communications practice. NATIONAL Public Relations is an AVENIR GLOBAL company, among the top 25 largest communication firms in the world with offices in 21 locations across Canada, the U.S. and Europe, and part of RES PUBLICA Consulting Group. NATIONAL is affiliated internationally with public relations firm Burson‐Marsteller, a WPP company. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l’équité en matière d’emploi et invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées à participer à notre processus de recrutement. Veuillez s'il vous plaît aviser le responsable des ressources humaines ou le gestionnaire de l’embauche au cours du processus de recrutement si des mesures d’adaptation particulières sont à prévoir.