NATIONAL is seeking a Senior Digital Marketing Strategist to join a dynamic and integrated marketing and digital team in Atlantic Canada. The successful candidate will play an active and lead role in defining and executing the core elements of clients’ marketing programs including paid media, lead generation, SEO, analytics and reporting. The position could be based in Halifax, Saint John or St. John's.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to integrated client marketing programs. The ideal candidate will support the wider team through thoughtful and consistent execution of digital tactics that support an integrated strategy. Your focus will be executing and optimizing digital paid media campaigns and identifying client marketing needs, opportunities, and problems through data analysis skills. Specific areas of responsibility include:
Developing the paid-digital advertising practice
- Lead NATIONAL’s approach in Atlantic Canada to paid digital in terms of strategy, service offering, success metrics, sales.
- Contribute to the service delivery, packaging, measurement practices, processes, and growth of our paid digital advertising (currently focused on Facebook, Twitter, Google, and other popular platforms).
- Management of paid search campaigns including planning, execution, and measurement reporting.
- Keyword analysis and competitor and research.
- Developing keyword lists and ad copy.
- Develop relationships and processes with paid media companies that can serve as partners for NATIONAL.
- Keep abreast of trends and emerging technologies in the paid digital space that are material to our clients and our business and contribute to knowledge development within the agency.
- Mentor and support the development of skills amongst colleagues.
Crafting and participating in the execution of digital strategy
- Delivering on client mandates and projects that involve digital strategy and digital services.
- Act as a Project Manager for accounts in a digital capacity, managing project activity including but not limited to: reviewing timelines, preparing estimates and statements of work, proactively identifying and addressing contingencies and issues, managing change control and ensuring quality control throughout the project, setting up and being a part of delivery teams.
- Effectively manage the budget, and financial management of deliverables you or members of the team are accountable for.
- Participate in RFP responses through support of budgets and timelines. • Collaborate with clients and client teams across the life cycle of a project delivery. • Contribute to and inform content strategy.
Research, analytics, and insights
• Contribute to the service delivery, packaging, measurement practices and growth of our research, analytics and insights offering, included issue monitoring, social media reporting, web research, web analytics reporting and analysis. • Keep abreast of trends and emerging technologies in the marketing technology space that are material to our clients and our business and contribute to knowledge development within the agency.
Experience and Core Skills
- Strong knowledge and familiarity of Google Analytics, with the ability to locate data using both standard and custom reports, as well as the ability to interpret this data.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with digital ad platforms including, but not limited to Google Display Network, programmatic offerings, social networks, and others.
- Comfortable using Google Tag Manager to implement both simple and complex analytics tracking, using built-in GTM functionality and integrating custom event tracking as needed (with developer support).
- Ability to write website and campaign measurement plans—performing discovery with clients, translate business objectives into measurable goals, set targets, make recommendations, and implement tracking necessary to meet plan goals.
- Ability to design and develop both simple and complex Google Data Studio dashboards using native Google Analytics data and external data sources (spreadsheets, databases).
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot new and existing event tracking implementations.
Communication and Leadership
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to dissect complex issues and clearly articulate solutions back to internal staff and clients as necessary.
- Participate and lead strategy and content creation brainstorms, workshops, and other activities.
- Mentor and assist coordinators and consultants in understanding digital marketing strategy and provide day-to-day guidance for questions.
- Contribute to a team culture of open communication and collaboration, offering to be a resource and sharing expertise and insight that helps the team continually improve.
Certifications, Education, and Experience
- Digital marketing and analytics certifications and courses preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in navigating and deploying paid digital campaigns
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l’équité en matière d’emploi et invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées à participer à notre processus de recrutement. Veuillez s'il vous plaît aviser le responsable des ressources humaines ou le gestionnaire de l’embauche au cours du processus de recrutement si des mesures d’adaptation particulières sont à prévoir.