NATIONAL is seeking a Senior Consultant in our St. John’s office. We work with clients across every sector and every facet of communication including strategic planning, brand strategy, public engagement, reputation and issues management. We seek candidates with a firm grounding in public affairs combined with a passion and interest in integrated marketing. The ideal candidate will be connected to our community and want to contribute to exciting work outside of the region.
The person we are looking for will be skilled in communications, strategy development, government relations, marketing, stakeholder mapping and engagement, writing, and navigating complex issues. A strong ability to project manage and stay organized is essential. Foundational characteristics for this position include the ability to work independently and to collaborate with team members in Atlantic Canada, in other cities in Canada and in our expanded global network, and with partner organizations. We are looking for someone who is driven by solving problems and providing great client service.
You will be responsible for leading projects and teams. You will manage client accounts and implement, track, and measure the effectiveness of communications strategies. You will be collaborating with our diverse team, and participating in business development, marketing, and team culture activities for the Firm. In your role as Senior Consultant you will:
- Deliver strategic counsel to the Firm’s clients
- Provide outstanding client service
- Consult on important and complex issues for a variety of clients in public affairs, issues management, and marketing communications
- Manage projects that both you and your team are accountable for
- Nurture our strong, ongoing client relationships
- Lead by example and encourage an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to provide value-add client service
- Engage in the NATIONAL network by seeking opportunities to collaborate with clients and colleagues across the country
- Build the business by creating opportunities with current clients and always be on the look-out for new ones
- Effectively establish and manage budgets
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as public relations, communications, or marketing is an asset
- Ideally 7 years’ experience in a related role with expertise in public affairs, issues management, crisis communications, or integrated marketing communications
- ICS and IAP2 training considered an asset but not a requirement
- Agency and consultancy experience is an asset but not a firm requirement
- Strong ability to collaborate and work independently
- Proven passion for project management
- Exceptional client focus and relationship management skills
- Excellent writing and presentation abilities
- Ability to lead and contribute to the management of accounts with a high standard of service
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Sound operational and financial management skills
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities based on relative importance and urgency
- Broad knowledge of the media and industry including the business community and government
Please note that we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are being considered for an interview.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l’équité en matière d’emploi et invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées à participer à notre processus de recrutement. Veuillez s'il vous plaît aviser le responsable des ressources humaines ou le gestionnaire de l’embauche au cours du processus de recrutement si des mesures d’adaptation particulières sont à prévoir.