We believe in moving the horizon—driving ourselves and our clients to reach further and do more. We want to create meaningful, memorable work that makes a difference—regionally, nationally and internationally.
If you’re passionate about creativity and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, high-energy work environment, you’ll love it here. We are dedicated professionals who work with clients across every facet of communication, from campaign development to strategic planning, and public engagement to reputation management. Based in our Halifax office, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative minds who bring out the best in each other.
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Confident decision maker
- Natural leader
- Collaborator and connector
- Focused achiever
- Team player
- Customer focused
As Senior Art Director you will think strategically, identify breakthrough concepts and ideas, find unexpected ways to bring them to life, and oversee all related work to ensure everything is perfect. You are a keen decision maker and understand what it means to own your work. You will help lead a dedicated creative team, specializing in solving for our client’s needs across varied and diverse sectors. You must be comfortable working autonomously to keep projects advancing, and be able to lead teams in executing concepts in both traditional and digital spaces. You will utilize your proven campaign development experience to:
- Working from a brief and alongside a writer, able to translate business goals into relevant, appropriate, surprising and insightful design and concepts
- Conceptualize and lead visual design solutions for a wide variety of projects including campaign development, branding, website development and digital
- Comfortable being client facing and co-creating, able to deliver creative presentations and presentation skills and able to develop strong relationship with clients
- Participate in, and lead, brainstorming sessions with clients and team members
- Keep current on design and communication trends and share knowledge and best practices with team members
- A strong discipline of craft and able to create a solid vision for each project and ensure follow through
- Able to manage and delegate responsibilities to production team members and provide concise, clear direction
- Able to take work from concept to final execution, at times without the support of a production team
- Used to working with, hiring and managing local photographers, illustrators and videographers
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in an advertising agency or design firm, developing and implementing creative campaigns and projects
- In-depth understanding of client deliverables and the ability to take responsibility for them
- Outstanding creativity and conceptual strength
- Exceptional collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong ability to multi-task and work across a range of accounts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dynamic, positive, and forward-thinking attitude
- Fluent Mac and all relevant Adobe programs
- Exceptional presentation skills
- Strong client focus and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Experienced problem solver with the ability to interpret and respond to internal and client feedback
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Brilliant communication skills and the ability to work well within a team
- Portfolio of past work required
NATIONAL is Canada's leading public relations firm, servicing clients across a wide range of sectors, with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Saint John, Halifax and St. John's. NATIONAL’s service offering also includes NATIONAL Capital Markets, the industry’s foremost investor relations and financial services communications practice. NATIONAL Public Relations is an AVENIR GLOBAL company, among the top 15 largest communication firms in the world with offices in 25 locations across Canada, the U.S., Europe and the Middle East, and part of RES PUBLICA Consulting Group.
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Senior Art Director” in the subject line of your email. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l’équité en matière d’emploi et invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées à participer à notre processus de recrutement. Veuillez s'il vous plaît aviser le responsable des ressources humaines ou le gestionnaire de l’embauche au cours du processus de recrutement si des mesures d’adaptation particulières sont à prévoir.