At NATIONAL Public Relations, we believe in moving the horizon—driving ourselves and our clients to reach further and do more. We are a team of communications experts, marketing mavens, and creative forces—all connected by strategy and insight. We work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative minds who bring out the best in each other. We want to create meaningful, memorable work that makes a difference regionally, nationally, and internationally, and we’re looking for the right person to help us do just that.
- College or university degree or equivalent in public relations, marketing, communications, commerce, or a related field
- Two to four years of experience in related field
- Consulting experience is an asset
- This position is located in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador
- Work collaboratively with consulting, digital, and creative colleagues to support the development of integrated communications strategies
- Assist new business development by doing research, gathering insights, creating competitor profiles, etc.
- Prepare, attend, and manage the outputs of meetings as part of the consulting team
- Work with the data and insights team to conduct research and report, measure, and optimize the success of integrated campaigns, communications strategies, and tactical plans
- Build and manage project budgets, timelines, and deliverables and ensure that assigned responsibilities are completed efficiently, effectively, and on time
- Work with teammates to provide sound client counsel
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner day-to-day and manage projects with a sense of urgency
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and opinions through written and verbal communications
- Curiosity about the art and science of public affairs, public relations, communications, and/or integrated marketing now and in the future
- Knowledge, familiarity, and ongoing interest in pop culture, current events and local and global news, and industry trends
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to shift priorities at moment’s notice based on client need
- Naturally organized and able to multitask
- Comfortable working in an industry that changes fast and frequently and ability to adapt to different client situations and cultures
- Interest in reporting, measuring, and optimizing the success of integrated campaigns and communications strategies through digital data and insights platforms
- Ability to think creatively and bring a unique point of view to every room
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume in confidence. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l’équité en matière d’emploi et invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées à participer à notre processus de recrutement. Veuillez s'il vous plaît aviser le responsable des ressources humaines ou le gestionnaire de l’embauche au cours du processus de recrutement si des mesures d’adaptation particulières sont à prévoir.