NATIONAL Capital Markets is growing and looking for a smart, strategic, corporate communications professional who is keen to learn and build their career working in a dynamic environment servicing diverse clients, ranging from some of Canada’s largest corporations and leading multinationals to newly-listed entrepreneurial startups.
We are Canada’s largest integrated strategic communications firm, and if you are looking for a fast-paced, intellectually challenging consulting career that provides a front row seat to the exciting world of capital markets and corporate communications, then NATIONAL is the place for you.
What you will do
As an integral member of the NATIONAL team, you will be expected to:
- Develop strong client relationships built on trust and excellent service
- Manage client accounts, delivering high-quality work on time and on budget
- Support in the design, management and execution of successful integrated communications programs, which may include stakeholder engagement, media relations, digital strategy, issues management, content development
- Keep abreast of evolving trends, industry and competitive issues and developments that impact our clients
- Work with other NATIONAL divisions and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Demonstrate a proactive desire to seek new business opportunities with existing clients and identify new sources of revenue
- Demonstrate a continual desire to hone your skills and stretch your abilities
All members of the NATIONAL team are expected to step up, push boundaries and demonstrate leadership. We deliver value by providing informed, strategic counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A track record as a proactive value builder who executes to the highest standards are key assets for this role.
- Strong business writing and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and engender trust
- Strategic thinker with a capacity for leadership
- A business mindset with the ability to distill complex, financial information into accessible information
- Experience in media relations
- Firm grasp of digital/social strategies and how to apply them to complex corporate situations to create awareness and engagement
- Understanding and experience in the capital markets a bonus
- Familiarity with complex situations: M&A, shareholder activism, proxy challenges and litigation an asset, although not essential
- A university degree in a related field and/or related certification, and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
If you’re interested and up for a new challenge, submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
Nous souscrivons au principe de l’équité en matière d’emploi et invitons toutes les personnes qualifiées à participer à notre processus de recrutement. Veuillez s'il vous plaît aviser le responsable des ressources humaines ou le gestionnaire de l’embauche au cours du processus de recrutement si des mesures d’adaptation particulières sont à prévoir.