NATIONAL’s Toronto office is looking for an experienced senior leader to head our Strategy, Insights and Digital Team. The Vice-President, Practice Lead, Strategy, Insights & Digital, is responsible for overseeing two critical teams in the NATIONAL Toronto office and ensuring these practices are integrated into absolutely every piece of work that we do – from pitching new business, integrating S&I and Digital offerings into all on-going client work, through to seeking discrete mandates for these practices and building the profile of the Firm in the Toronto market. The VP & PL will work in close partnership with the Creative Services team.
Our Strategy & Insights team includes quantitative and qualitative researchers, data scientists and strategists, all of whom employ a leading mix of tools and methodologies to answer business questions and uncover insights that give our clients a competitive edge. Our Digital team is a collection of social and digital-first thinkers who stay up-to-date on the strategies, tools and tactics in this fast-paced industry so that we can set up a client’s campaign for long-term success. They have developed successful digital and social strategies for established global brands, homegrown organizations and scaling start-ups.
The VP, PL, SI&D sits on the management team and is an active participant in fulfilling the vision of the office/Firm. They contribute to the overall culture and professional development of the office and the Firm at-large through employee training, involvement in local and national committee work. They continually strive to foster integration across the Firm.
- 10+ years in the communications profession, in a senior business position, or in a public relations consulting or staff position
- Track record in client service excellence and relationship building
- Deep sectoral knowledge and specialized expertise in strategy and digital marketing
- Previous leadership experience in an agency setting considered a plus
- Work in partnership with all client-facing practice-leads to ensure the integration of SI&D services in all client opportunities
- Proactively identify, pitch and secure business development opportunities
- Lead by way of example in terms of working ethically, eliciting loyalty and trust, and acting as a brand steward
- Actively participate in the overall marketing and promotion of the Firm in Toronto by contributing thought leadership research and insights, both Firm-created and in partnership
- Maintain an active presence in the communications and/or business community through networking, professional associations, committee work, speaking platforms, placed articles and media exposure
- Contribute to establishing the strategic direction of the office by participating in the business planning process
- Foster the next generation of talent and ensure a consistent learning environment for all team members
- Offer senior leadership on key client accounts where SI&D is an integral team member
- Stay a step ahead of clients by combining a long-term view with the ability to develop and execute a specific and disciplined plan
- Play a key role in the recruitment of new staff
- Maintain responsibility for performance review, professional development and promotion processes within practice/office
- Take personal responsibility for mentoring and long-term career development of staff
- Manage human resource issues under their responsibility as they arise
- Create an environment that inspires entrepreneurial behaviour, learning and ethical conduct
- Consistently promote and participate in NATIONAL’s Mentorship Program
- Ensure that staff provides quality online community engagement counsel at all levels
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.