Under the supervision of the Senior System Administrator and IT Director, you will provide technical support and troubleshoot Windows 10, Mac OSx, Office 365 and its collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint. You will be responsible for troubleshooting general hardware and networking issue, cloud applications and assist with Audiovisual problems. You will be responsible for providing technical support services to the Firm's staff across various locations. You will be based in Halifax at our NATIONAL Public Relations office in the heart of downtown. You may need to travel to Montreal and Toronto for training or special projects.’
Role and responsibilities
- Manage local infrastructure services
- Manage and support Office 365 infrastructure, as well as collaboration applications such as Microsoft Teams and SharePoint
- Manage local business storage system environments
- Provide technical support services to all staff
- Manage Audio-visual systems
- Implement and manage application servers from multiple vendors
- Provide technical training to other employees and ensure the transfer of knowledge within the IT team to guarantee that all systems and end users receive the appropriate support
- Test and deploy server updates
- Manage and report on assigned projects, tasks and support requests
Qualifications and experience
- University/College Diploma in Information Technology
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Ability to work alone and in a team
- A clear understanding of network infrastructure that includes multiple locations
- Experience in managing VMware virtual environments
- Experience with networking applications, including routing, switches, wireless, DNS, and DHCP
- Exceptional analytical skills and the ability to analyze complex situations and respond quickly to provide solutions and action plans to solve problems
- Experience in managing high availability environments
- Interpersonal skills for effective interaction with managers and users
Advanced technical knowledge
- Active Directory, GPO, DNS, DHCP, NPS
- Microsoft Office 365 Administration
- Anti-spam filter system
- Virtualization Software: VMWare 6.5
- Microsoft Windows Server OS, 2012 and higher
- Knowledge of servers and data storage systems
About AVENIR GLOBAL
AVENIR GLOBAL is a Montreal-based holding and management company with an active operations mindset and a hands-on approach to all its investments. A global powerhouse of specialist communications firms, AVENIR GLOBAL has 1,000 staff and offices in 24 locations across Canada, the U.S., Europe and the Middle East, and ranks among the top 15 largest communication firms in the world. In Canada, AVENIR GLOBAL owns NATIONAL Public Relations, the country’s leading public relations firm, servicing clients across a wide range of sectors, which includes NATIONAL Capital Markets, the industry’s foremost investor relations and financial services practice. In the United States, AVENIR GLOBAL owns SHIFT Communications, a data-driven integrated communications agency; and the public relations and communication company Padilla, which includes the brand consultancy Joe Smith, the food and nutrition experts at FoodMinds and the research authorities at SMS Research Advisors. In Europe, AVENIR GLOBAL owns the London-based strategic communications consultancy Madano and Hanover, one of the EMEA’s leading strategic communications and public affairs consultancies, with offices in London, Brussels, Dublin, Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Hanover Group also includes creative communications agency The Playbook, and the brand and culture consultancy Multiple. The AVENIR GLOBAL network also includes healthcare specialists AXON Communications, with offices in Toronto, the U.S., the U.K. and Europe and healthcare creative agency Cherry, based in London.
AVENIR GLOBAL is owned by RES PUBLICA Consulting Group.
You are an energetic, dedicated worker who can offer innovative solutions. You have strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. You pay attention to detail and are used to working under pressure. You have a sense of urgency at work, as well as strong oral and written communications skills. You are comfortable in learning many new technologies in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
Does this speak to your interests or expertise? At AVENIR GLOBAL, we are always keen to hear from passionate individuals who might fit into our collaborative and creative team. If you are interested in applying, please send us your resume and a covering letter via the form below.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.