We are looking for a Senior Web Developer to join our group of digital technology experts. Based out of our new space in the heart of downtown Halifax, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative minds. If you’re motivated by great digital experiences and thrive in a collaborative team environment, you’ll love it here.
NATIONAL offers you an opportunity demonstrate leadership within projects that are helping to shape the future of our region and beyond. With NATIONAL offices across Canada and partner agencies around the globe, you will get the chance to create websites and web applications that have broad reach and impact. We’re here to make a difference; for our clients and their audiences.
We get it, you’re likely that at the stage in your career where you may want to know more about us and the role before you commit to submitting your application. If that’s the case, then why don’t you reach out to Lee Stafford, our digital team lead, and you can connect by phone or over a coffee to learn more. He’d love to hear from you: email@example.com
If you are ready to apply now, just follow the instructions below and we’ll look forward to learning about you.
Our team thrives on challenges and works together to solve problems by bringing creative thinking and passion to every project. We want you to do the same. As a Senior Web Developer, you will work on both back-end and front-end technologies. As a senior member of the web development team you will be expected to collaborate with others and to lead projects. Your work should be of a consistent high-quality and you will utilize proven technology skills and web development knowledge to:
- Build, test and deploy websites and web properties
- Integrate website design and architecture into CMS platforms or custom solutions
- Lead or contribute to technical scopes and project planning
- Articulate technical details to non-technical clients
Experience and core skills
- 5+ years in web development
- Applicable work experience in an agency or similar work environment
- Strong understanding of web design principles and user experience
- CMS set up and integration (Craft CMS experience is a bonus)
- Experience with integrating APIs and third-party services
- Using build tools such as Gulp, Webpack
- Able to work with Git version management
- Custom plugin development
- Understanding of DNS records and domain configuration
- Server management and deployment on platforms such as AWS, Azure, Digital Ocean
- Disciplined and thorough approach to QA and testing
- Knowledge of WCAG accessibility levels and implementation
- Customer/team focus and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines
If you checked off 75% of the above list then you’re off to a good start!
Our team thrives on challenges and works together to solve problems by bringing creative thinking and passion to every project. We want you to do the same. If you possess the following qualities you could be a great fit:
- Creative thinker
- Enthusiastic about technology
- Customer focused
- Deadline sensitive
Please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.