Are you inspired by creativity and challenging problems? Do you get up in the morning with a desire to create meaningful change and make an impact? Are you entrepreneurial, curious, and energetic?
NATIONAL is seeking a Senior Consultant in our Halifax office. We work with clients across every facet of communication, from strategic planning to digital development, from public engagement to reputation and issues management. We are looking to expand our team with passionate people who are connected to our community and want to make a real difference in our region and beyond.
Our ideal candidate will be skilled in client service, planning, writing, and navigating complex issues. A strong ability to project manage and stay organized is essential. Foundational characteristics for this position include the ability to bring together teams, craft robust marketing communications plans, and provide great client service.
You will be responsible for leading projects and managing client accounts, implementing, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies, supporting and collaborating with our diverse team, and participating in business development and marketing activities for the firm. In your role as Senior Consultant you will:
- Deliver account management and communications planning and execution to the firms’ clients
- Provide outstanding client service
- Manage projects that both you and your team are accountable for
- Consult on and bring clarity to complex opportunities and challenges for a variety of clients in the areas marketing communications
- Nurture our strong, ongoing client relationships
- Lead by example and encourage an environment of teamwork and collaboration
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to provide value-add client service
- Engage in the NATIONAL network by seeking opportunities to collaborate with clients and colleagues across the country
- Build the business by creating opportunities with current clients and always be on the look-out for new ones
- Effectively establish and manage budgets
- Contribute to and lead new business initiatives
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as public relations, communications, or marketing is an asset
- Ideally 7 years’ experience in a related role with expertise in integrated marketing communications or related
- Agency and/or consultancy experience is an asset
- Strong ability to collaborate and work independently
- Proven passion for project management
- Exceptional client focus and relationship management skills
- Excellent writing and presentation abilities
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to lead and contribute to the management of accounts with a high standard of service
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Sound operational and financial management skills
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities based on relative importance and urgency
- Broad knowledge of the media and industry including the business community and government
- Familiarity with digital tools, including social media, strategy, and social listening tools, etc.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.