NATIONAL Public Relations, Canada’s largest PR firm, is seeking a Senior Consultant, Strategy. We are looking for someone with passion and experience building brand strategies to join our thriving Strategy, Insights & Digital team.
While our team is already strong in strategy development, we’re looking for the right person to help sharpen our skills even more to take us to the next level. Today, clients are looking to us to help them seize opportunity and solve complex challenges and we’re uniquely positioned to do so. NATIONAL has a solid foundation and now our business is ready to grow exponentially!
Are you looking for a career where you’ll have the opportunity to help build something special with an awesome group of talented people? If so, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll do:
- Work in partnership with strategists across the AVENIR GLOBAL network to deliver innovative strategic services to clients that will build their brands
- Analyze data and distill findings into compelling consumer insights
- Facilitate narrative development workshops
- Conduct competitive landscape analyses to uncover whitespace opportunities
- Develop communications strategies and plans for paid, owned, and earned media
- Draft campaign briefs that are rooted in consumer insights
- Develop strategic recommendations supported by data and present to clients
- Collaborate with Strategy, Digital & Insights and our in-house creative team to ensure your gold dust is sprinkled across every major mandate
- Work in a cross-functional capacity with multiple departments on process optimization and new product offerings
Business planning and development:
- Help the team create a business plan to develop and grow strategic services as a product offering
- Provide strategic support on RFPs
- Share learnings with broader team to improve strategic thinking skills across the Firm
Our ideal candidate profile
- 5-8 years’ experience in brand or marketing strategy function
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and demonstrated ability to drive insights into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly and with great precision
- You must have the ability to work effectively under very tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously; has experience in fast paced environments
- Strong writing skills with the ability to distill quantitative data and qualitative insights into concise, effective language
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders, a true team player who is eager to collaborate, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds
- A clear bias for action and ability to act without being told what to do, takes full ownership over work and seeks help and input when needed
- Lifelong learner who pushes themselves to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to monitoring, measurement, and communications trends
The skills we are looking for:
- Project management
- Analytics and insights experience
- Strong writing skills
- Brand/Marketing strategy
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
Please submit a resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.