NATIONAL Public Relations, Canada’s largest PR firm, is seeking a Senior Consultant, Strategy. We are looking for someone with passion and experience building brand strategies to join our thriving Strategy, Insights & Digital team.
While our team is already strong in strategy development, we’re looking for the right person to help sharpen our skills even more to take us to the next level. Today, clients are looking to us to help them seize opportunity and solve complex challenges and we’re uniquely positioned to do so. NATIONAL has a solid reputation, talented team in place, amazing client roster and now our business is ready to grow exponentially!
Are you looking for a career where you’ll have the opportunity to help build strong brand narratives and campaign strategies for some of Canada’s most-loved brands, with an awesome group of talented people? If so, this might be the job for you.
What you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Toronto, across Canada and beyond to deliver innovative strategic services that help build our clients’ brands
- Work in partnership with our in-house creative team to deliver award-wining work
- Analyze data and distill findings into compelling consumer insights
- Develop media-agnostic communications strategies that work across all channels
- Facilitate narrative development workshops
- Conduct competitive landscape analyses to uncover whitespace opportunities in partnership with our in-house research team
- Write campaign briefs that are rooted in consumer insights
- Develop strategic recommendations supported by data and present to clients
Business Planning & Development
- Contribute strategic thinking to large new business pitches
- Lead the development of pitches for strategy services
- Share knowledge with broader team to improve strategic thinking skills across the firm
Our ideal candidate profile
- 5-8 years’ experience in brand or marketing strategy function
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and demonstrated ability to drive insights into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly and with great precision
- You must have the ability to work effectively under very tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously; has experience in fast paced environments
- Strong writing skills with the ability to distill quantitative data and qualitative insights into concise, effective language
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders, a true team player who is eager to collaborate, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds
- A clear bias for action and ability to act without being told what to do, takes full ownership over work and seeks help and input when needed
- Lifelong learner who pushes themselves to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to monitoring, measurement, and communications trends
The skills we are looking for
- Project management
- Analytics and insights experience
- Strong writing skills
- Brand/Marketing strategy
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.