NATIONAL wishes to add a Senior Consultant, Media Relations - Corporate and Products Positioning to its team. Based in Montreal, this individual will be called upon to contribute to managing the reputation of major clients through public relations, as well as positioning their products. This person will manage mandates of national scope.
We are particularly looking for someone with solid experience in media relations and who is familiar with the media ecosystem surrounding the food, business, consumer products and lifestyle sectors.
Bilingual, with a strategic and creative pen, and always on the lookout for trends and current events affecting customers, the candidate must be capable of developing product positioning initiatives and leading communication programs. with a team already in place.
- Develop product and corporate media relations programs
- Develop and execute original and impactful plans
- Write press documents
- Manage daily communications programs (monitoring, media relations, reports, partnerships, etc.)
- Be familiar with the ecosystem of media and opinion leaders specific to mandates in Quebec and Canada
- Collaborate with the team in place
- Serve as the main point of contact for programs and initiatives for certain products and companies
- Be familiar with the media and in contact with them regularly
- Minimum 6 years of experience in media relations, and corporate and product positioning, including 2-3 years in an agency
- University degree in communications, public relations, marketing or any other relevant training
- Bilingualism required (excellent writing skills in English and French)
- Strong project management skills
- Sharp reflexes in customer management
- Strategic vision and in tune with trends in product positioning
Personal qualities sought
- Demonstrates a high level of creativity and proactivity
- Heightened sense of responsibility and rigour
- Knows the media and how to seize opportunities
- Demonstrates an ability to adapt to various client situations and cultures.
- Performs under stress and in pressure-filled situations.
- Able to manage several projects simultaneously, some of which have very short deadlines.
- Has a thirst to grow within an organization.
Anyone interested should send their curriculum vitae via the form below.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.