NATIONAL’s Healthcare practice client base is expanding and we are looking for communications experts to help drive our business and serve our clients. From media relations, to stakeholder engagement to crisis management, the team is recognized for fostering dialogue that changes beliefs, drives behaviour and delivers results.
Do you have a passion for healthcare? Are you interested in turning this passion into an opportunity to work with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies globally and not-for-profit organizations to positively influence patient outcomes? Do you want to join an award-winning team that shares your passion?
If so, NATIONAL Public Relations wants to hear from you.
NATIONAL is Canada’s leading public relations firm, and we’re looking to grow the team in our Toronto healthcare practice by adding serious bench strength.
What you will do
A key client team member, a Senior Consultant reports to more senior staff and supervises the work of more junior team members, and ensures that our clients are served with maximum efficiency. You will:
- Work in conjunction with teammates in handling the day-to-day client business
- Demonstrate passion and superior knowledge/expertise in one or more functional specialties including experience working in the pharmaceutical marketing sector and working within ASC and PAAB guidelines
- Develop appropriate communication strategies as required, including media relations strategy, and provide senior level client counsel
- Act as key contact for clients; attend client meetings
- Prepare for and participate in new business pitches and creative sessions
- Demonstrate familiarity with digital tools, measurement and industry best practices
- Develop additional business with existing clients
- Supervise program implementation
- Develop and manage budgets
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of Canadian healthcare regulations, pharmaceutical review process platforms and review bodies (PAAB, Ad Standards Canada)
- Distribute and supervise workload among more junior to team members
The Ideal Candidate Profile
We need people who believe in our clients and are focused on their success. At our core, our goal is simple: we hire great people who are passionate about what they do and want to help our clients succeed. Here’s how you’ll do that with us:
- You’ll be ambitious—you want to work hard, have fun and help our team succeed.
- You’re entrepreneurial, creative, curious, connected and agile; just like the rest of our team.
- You will be EXTREMELY organized—with flawless attention to detail.
- You’ve got experience—five years to seven years public relations consulting, or staff position, or relevant field, former agency experience preferred. Previous experience working in a regulated environment (e.g., pharmaceutical company, financial institution, energy sector).
- You will be fearless—you don’t mind deadlines, pressure or competing demands…in fact, you thrive in an environment where every day is different and exciting.
- You’re educated—whether in university, college or through relevant experience, but you demonstrate the training and knowledge needed to partner with us to get the job done.
- You have a passion to work in healthcare communications- backed with strong writing skills, media relations skills, presentation skills, and knowledge of social media.
- You will be a source of information—knowledgeable about the industry and familiar with current affairs.
- You will be in the driver’s seat—your event management/logistics coordination and communications planning experience will steer the way.
- You will be a team-player—teamwork isn’t a catch-phrase, it’s a way of life for us.
What we do
We connect clients to the people who matter most, with the right message, at the right time. Grounded in research, insight and deep sector understanding, we provide creative communications solutions that move people in thought and actions.
We bring together teams of discipline experts from across our network to deliver bold thinking that shapes businesses, communities and culture. For 40 years, we have been at the centre of issues and industries that matter, leading change for today and tomorrow.
If you’re intrigued and up for a new challenge then contact us, in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.