Do you have a passion for healthcare? Are you interested in turning this passion into an opportunity to work with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies and healthcare organizations to positively influence patient outcomes? Are you interested in playing a role on a team that is making a difference everyday?
If so, NATIONAL Public Relations wants to hear from you.
NATIONAL is Canada’s leading public relations firm and our healthcare practice is expanding. We are looking for creative and ambitious communications professionals with 5-7 years previous public relations experience interested in joining a dynamic, caring team committed to supporting your advancement. From media relations, to stakeholder engagement to awareness programs, the team is recognized for fostering dialogue that changes beliefs, drives behaviour and delivers results.
What you will do
A Senior Consultant reports to senior staff and ensures that our clients are served with maximum efficiency. You will:
- Support teammates in handling the day-to-day client business
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge in one or more functional specialties including: experience working in the pharmaceutical marketing sector and working within ASC, PAAB, or other regulated guidelines
- Assist in developing appropriate communication tactics and strategies, including media relations strategy, social media content development and community management support
- Attend client meetings and liaise with clients on a daily basis
- Prepare for and participate in new business pitches and creative sessions
- Demonstrate familiarity with digital tools, measurement and industry best practices
- Assist in the development of additional business with existing clients
- Support program implementation
- Provide support for budget development
- Demonstrate an understanding of Canadian healthcare regulations, pharmaceutical review process platforms and review bodies (PAAB, Ad Standards Canada)
The Ideal Candidate Profile
We need people who believe in our clients and are focused on their success. At our core, our goal is simple: we hire great people who are passionate about what they do and want to help our clients succeed. Here’s how you’ll do that with us:
- You’ll be ambitious – you want to work hard, have fun and help our team succeed
- You’re entrepreneurial, creative, curious, connected and agile; just like the rest of our team
- You will be EXTREMELY organized – with flawless attention to detail
- You’ve got 5-7 years of public relations experience; former agency experience preferred
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (e.g., pharmaceutical company, financial institution, energy sector) is key
- You will be fearless – you don’t mind deadlines, pressure or competing demands…in fact, you thrive in an environment where every day is different and exciting
- You have a passion to work in healthcare communications- backed with strong writing skills, media relations skills, and knowledge of social media
- You will be in the driver’s seat- your event management/ logistics coordination and communications planning experience will steer the way
- You will be a team-player – teamwork isn’t a catch-phrase, it’s a way of life for us
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.