NATIONAL Public Relations Inc., Canada’s largest public relations consultancy, is seeking a Senior Consultant to manage our media monitoring, reporting and analytics team. We are looking for a doer with experience in media monitoring and analytics, who has an aptitude for project management, and an interest in measurement to join NATIONAL Toronto’s growing team.
This role is the front line of NATIONAL’s monitoring, measurement and reporting mandates, delivering ongoing client reporting and supporting our clients and colleagues in campaign and crisis work. This position leads a talented group of analysts who work together to deliver best-in-class monitoring, measurement and analysis that puts our clients’ needs at the centre of their work every day.
What you’ll do:
Reporting and Analysis:
- Lead reporting and analysis mandates including earned and social media landscape analysis, and campaign reporting to identify trends, uncover key drivers of success, and communicate actionable insights
- Deliver concise insights and analysis of key metrics to client teams and clients alike, ensuring key drivers, issues, and required actions are clearly understood. Tell a compelling story behind the data through relevant insights, conclusions and recommendations
- Translate social and traditional media data into strategic recommendations and counsel for clients based on their project, priorities, and overarching goals
Define measurement strategies and frameworks to quantify the performance of various client programs and compare results against a hindsight benchmark. This includes visualizations and dashboards Build and audit existing reports and dashboards and design a framework for regular review with key stakeholders
Maintain knowledge of evolving techniques in monitoring and measurement, bringing new ideas to the team in order to propose ideas to advance client goals Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the efficiency of the team and services we provide clients including technical deployments of new tools, ongoing support of media monitoring automation, implementing project management tools and systems, and define new measurement strategies Contribute to cross-office efforts to advance the overall monitoring, reporting and measurement service offerings and philosophies, including the construction of new products and solutions to help clients
**Media Monitoring: **
- Scope, manage and execute media monitoring and social listening mandates including managing workload between internal resources, define project scopes and objectives, and creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
Lead the office in knowledge, maintenance and adoption of earned media and social listening tools (e.g. Meltwater, Factiva), working with social media and earned media data sets, considering multiple inputs and ensuring quality assurance
Our ideal candidate profile
5-8 years’ experience with media monitoring and/or social data analysis, measurement and/or analytics, business insights in PR, communications, marketing or equivalent, as well monitoring and measurement tool knowledge
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and demonstrated ability to drive insights into actionable recommendations
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly and with great precision
- You must have the ability to work effectively under very tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously; has experience in fast paced environments
- Strong writing skills with the ability to distill quantitative data and qualitative insights into concise, effective language
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work cross-functionally with a wide range of stakeholders, a true team player who is eager to collaborate, and is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds
- A clear bias for action and ability to act without being told what to do, takes full ownership over work and seeks help and input when needed
- A people promoter, advocating for the advancement of their team and championing them with internal teams and clients
- Lifelong learner who pushes themselves to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to monitoring, measurement and communications trends
The skills we are looking for
- Project management
- Managing direct reports and/or small teams
- Experience with visualization tools (e.g. Google Data Studio, Power BI)
- Experience with social listening tools and/or developing Boolean searches (e.g. Meltwater, Cision or Sysomos)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong writing skills
- Experience in crisis communications mandate, including earned media and social media monitoring in crisis scenarios is considered an asset
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
- Please submit a resume
- We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.