Our Montreal office is looking for a motivated public relations professional with experience in marketing and corporate communications, including strong media relations skills.
You should possess the ability to clearly communicate your ideas and enjoy researching, analyzing information, organizing and problem-solving. The successful candidate will participate in the strategy, creation and execution of impactful public relations campaigns and client services.
- Participate in setting mandate objectives and scope, develop playbook for projects and coordinate activities between collaborators
- Manage and execute projects to high standards of service, on time, on strategy and on budget
- Write and implement communications plans including setting measurable objectives, appropriate strategies and research to support the plan
- Manage media relations campaigns: Supervise development of media target lists, develop compelling media pitches, write news releases and other media materials, conduct media outreach and manage media opportunities
- Manage social media campaigns: Develop and manage content and measure outcomes
- Write a range of communications materials, as well as proofread and edit the work of clients and peers
- Co-ordinate events to support client communications initiatives
- Draft presentation materials
- Build strong, on-going relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Grow accounts among existing clients and contribute to business development with new clients
Required experience and knowledge
- Experience in a similar position
- Undergraduate degree in communications, public relations or related field
- Excellent English and French (spoken/written). Note: much of your work will be in English
- Experience managing budgets
- Possess a solid grasp of the role that public relations plays in a client’s communication mix and the ability to educate others about it effectively
- A solid understanding of traditional and online outreach and the ability to develop appropriate engagement strategies
- Agency experience
Nice to have
- Experience working with multiple agencies on integrated campaigns
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.