NATIONAL Public Relations, Canada’s largest public relations consultancy, is seeking an experienced communications professional specialized in strategic communications to join the growing team in Ottawa.
We are looking for a self-starter and creative thinker with previous agency experience who demonstrates a passion for communications, as well as a commitment to client service and business development.
Candidates should have exceptional written and oral communications skills.
As a trusted advisor who understands the trends, opportunities and risks that affect our clients’ businesses, the successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of the economic, political and social landscape, as well as traditional and new media.
What you will do
NATIONAL’s Ottawa client base is expanding and we are looking for a communications expert to help serve our clients and drive our business. From strategic communications, to stakeholder engagement and issues management, the team is recognized for its ability to connect with stakeholders, community members, customers and influencers to drive business results.
- Serve as a day-to-day, client-facing contributor for accounts in the following areas: public & private sector, not-for-profit, retail
- Design, manage and execute successful communications programs and campaigns, which may include message development, media strategy and relations, content development, public engagement, etc.
- Strategy development and client program execution
- Project manage accounts, including work plans and managing account budgets
- Maintain expert knowledge of evolving issues and developments that affect our clients; able to propose ideas to advance client goals
- Identify opportunities for clients to demonstrate thought leadership
- Interact on a daily basis with client senior communications leaders and work as part of an integrated team to deliver expert counsel and exceptional client service
- Contribute to the practice and Firm’s new business development initiatives, with a particular focus on helping to grow our client base
- Work with other NATIONAL practices and teams to deliver integrated services, such as media relations, advertising, brand and content development, social media and stakeholder research
- Five to eight years experience in public relations within a consulting environment (previous agency experience preferred) or a corporate setting, and ideally with established relationships in business, the public sector and the media
- Experience in corporate, B2B, and B2C communications
- Experience in key aspects of strategic communications, message development and delivery; able to design and execute multi-channel communications and public engagement programs with impact
- A true team player who is eager to collaborate and help the practice and Firm achieve its business objectives
- Possess senior-level writing, presentation and strategic/creative skills
- Experience developing and executing digital campaigns and is comfortable with social media tools
NATIONAL offers an opportunity to do challenging, unconventional work, while building a career in communications consulting with a firm that recognizes performance and rewards achievement.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL. Please note only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.