NATIONAL is looking for a Receptionist with excellent office management skills to join our team. Based in our new office space in downtown Halifax, you’ll have the opportunity to present a polished and professional image in person, on the phone, and through email. If you’re passionate about high-end customer service experiences and are eager to work in an agency environment, we want to hear from you.
Your main responsibility is to present a positive and professional image of NATIONAL and be the first point of contact for clients and guests visiting the NATIONAL Halifax office. This includes greeting guests and ensuring all phone calls are answered in a timely and professional manner. In this role, you will also handle a wide range of administrative tasks and run the day-to-day maintenance and recovery of meetings rooms and common spaces.
- Respond in a timely fashion to all telephone, email, and in-person inquiries
- Support small and large office events including booking meeting rooms, catering, logistics
- Receive and handle office deliveries, as well as incoming and outgoing mail
- Receive and initiate all couriers, including client-related courier runs
- Compile and manage lists and databases: conference lines, contact sheets, and all other admin files
- Manage client and alumni database
- Ensure kitchen, meeting rooms, and reception are clean and organized
- Maintain inventory of office, kitchen, and hospitality supplies
- Coordinate all cleaning, maintenance, and office operational requests
- Liaise with our other Atlantic offices
- Liaise with post-secondary institutions to support co-op student process
- Monitor Accounts Payable Atlantic email
- Receive, code, and process weekly operations vendor invoices
- Reconcile monthly MasterCard for senior management and office cards
- Sort and code taxi and courier chits for accounting department
- Provide accounting admin support to office accounting manager as required
- Coordinate with IT all laptops, cell phones, and other issues as required
- Coordinate keys, access cards, and security matters
- Liaise, track and trouble-shoot with IT team specific to computers and mobile phones
- Provide orientation of all administrative materials, office, IT, phones
- College diploma or certificate in office administration or previous work experience in a consulting environment
- At least one year previous experience using a multi-line telephone system
- Superior interpersonal and telephone skills
- Strong, current, and general computer skills including word processing, file management, database management, and email (with all the main programs used by the company e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, FileMaker, Access)
- Intermediate writing skills e.g., internal memos or emails, basic supplier correspondence
- Ability to troubleshoot general IT issues with escalation to the support team when necessary
- Experience with Zoom Meetings
- Strong organization skills, ability to complete work in a timely manner, an attention to detail, and good judgement
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability to meet the ever-changing demands of the NATIONAL environment
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment in the handling of confidential information—this includes a high degree of integrity and trust
- Willingness to maintain professional and technical knowledge through training and networking
- Exemplifies the core values of the Firm: quality, innovation, commitment, respect, collaboration, integrity, and responsibility
- Energetic and hardworking
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to share information and ideas
- Flawless attention to detail
- Professional attitude and demeanour
- Work with a sense of urgency
- Adaptable to different situations and cultures
This is a general overview of the position and duties may alter at the discretion of management in compliance with NATIONAL’s policies and procedures.
Please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We appreciate your interest in working with NATIONAL Public Relations. Please note that we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are being considered for an interview.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.