As Canada's leading PR firm, the team at NATIONAL Public Relations connects clients to the people who matter most, delivering the right message, at the right time. Grounded in research, insight and deep sector understanding, we bring together teams of disciplined experts from across our network to provide creative and integrated communications solutions that move people in thought and actions.
We have an immediate opening for a Public Relations Associate or Consultant to service an exciting roster of clients across a variety of sectors in Western Canada and across the country. If you’re looking for a dynamic role with a high performing, high impact team—look no further. We want you here.
You’re a self-starter, real team-player, love to write and have media chops. You enjoy research, are digital in all things and aren’t afraid to bring forward new ideas and really immerse yourself in the exciting work of your clients.
Role and responsibilities
- Create compelling content aligned with client and campaign goals, suitable for both on and offline channels including social media, digital, print
- Implementation of strategic communications activity and related tactics
- Contribute to media relations activities: media list development, media pitching, monitoring, reporting
- Perform a variety of communications tasks including social media coordination, event management, digital and data analytics, research and reporting
- Contribute to a high functioning, high performing team of seasoned communications professionals in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of media and social media management tools
Required skills and competencies
- Education in business, marketing and/or communications
- Interest in enhancing your digital skills in a business context
- Level-headed problem solver with a professional service-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communications and customer service skills
- Sales- and team-oriented with the willingness/ability to collaborate and participate in sharing ideas
- Strong writing ability
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial
- A positive, ‘roll up your sleeves, think outside the box, no job is too big or too small’ attitude
If you’re interested and up for a new challenge, please submit a resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.