Are you connected to your community and passionate about making a difference? Are you interested in supporting communications initiatives that tackle some of Atlantic Canada’s most pressing challenges and biggest opportunities?
Our Atlantic team is growing and we are looking for a Public Affairs Consultant to deliver great thinking and exceptional client service. From government relations to issues management to community engagement, this team is recognized for its expertise and ability to help clients connect with the people who matter most to them—with the right message, at the right time. Based in our Halifax office, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative, and technical minds.
As a Consultant on our Public Affairs team, you will be responsible for leading projects and managing client accounts; implementing, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies; supporting and collaborating with Partners, Senior Consultants, Coordinators, and creative and digital team members; and participating in new business and marketing activities for the firm. A Consultant is expected to:
- Deliver strategic counsel to the firm’s clients to guide their business and communications objectives and challenges
- Lead and manage projects to ensure client service and profitable delivery
- Build strong, on-going client relationships
- Contribute to new business development
- Meet billable targets and identify opportunities to extend and expand our work with existing clients
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to provide value-add client service
- Engage in team collaboration, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills with the firm’s clients and colleagues across the NATIONAL network
- At least 4 years’ experience in a related role, with a demonstrated ability to design, execute and manage communications strategies (agency experience is considered an asset)
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as public relations, political science, business administration, or public administration
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and opinions through written and verbal communications and presentations
- Ability to manage accounts with a high standard of service
- Strong client focus and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of government, media, and industry, including the Atlantic business community
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Familiarity and/or comfort level with digital public affairs, including strategy, monitoring, application of research, and measurement, and other facets of the medium
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume in confidence. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.