NATIONAL Atlantic, headquartered in Halifax, is an award-winning, full-service marketing and communications agency. You will often find our team at the center of initiatives and issues that are shaping the future of our region. With nine offices from coast to coast—three of which are in Atlantic Canada—and our sister agencies in the AVENIR GLOBAL network, one of the largest communication firms in the world, we have access to clients and talent from across the globe. In Atlantic Canada alone, we have a deep bench, with teams specializing in creative, marketing, web development, public affairs, and research.
NATIONAL Atlantic is seeking a Marketing Coordinator to deliver great thinking and exceptional client service. From campaign development to brand narrative to strategic communications planning, you will be joining a team that is recognized for its expertise and the ability to help clients connect with the people who matter most to them –with the right message, at the right time. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative, and technical minds. NATIONAL supports hybrid and in-office work arrangements, and this position will be based in our Halifax office.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, accountable, curious, and passionate about marketing. If you’re known for keeping many balls in the air, you’re interested in helping keep a fast-moving team organized and moving forward, and you’re looking to join a learning-oriented environment – we want to hear from you.
- College or university degree or equivalent in public relations, marketing, communications, commerce, or a related field.
- Agency experience is an asset but not required.
- Ability to learn and grow.
- A strong work ethic
- Work collaboratively with consulting, digital, and creative colleagues to support the development of integrated communications strategies, campaigns and brands.
- Assist new business development by doing research, gathering insights, creating competitor profiles, etc.
- Prepare, attend, and manage the outputs of meetings as part of the consulting team.
- Work with the data and insights team to conduct research and report, measure, and optimize the success of integrated campaigns, communications strategies, and tactical plans.
- Build and manage project budgets, timelines, and deliverables and ensure that assigned responsibilities are completed efficiently, effectively, and on time.
- Work with teammates to provide sound client counsel.
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner day-to-day and manage projects with a sense of urgency.
- Strong ability to project manage and manage your own time effectively.
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and opinions through written and verbal communications.
- Curiosity about the art and science of branding, marketing and strategic communications now and in the future.
- Knowledge, familiarity, and ongoing interest in pop culture, current events and local and global news, and industry trends.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to shift priorities at moment’s notice based on client need.
- Naturally organized and able to multitask.
- Comfortable working in an industry that changes fast and frequently and ability to adapt to different client situations and cultures.
- Interest in reporting, measuring, and optimizing the success of integrated campaigns and communications strategies through digital data and insights platforms.
- Ability to think creatively and bring a unique point of view to every room.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.