Are you a brand storyteller who has built a career working with some of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies, health tech and not-for-profit organizations? Do you have a passion for health and wellness and want to join an award-winning communications team that shares your passion? If so, NATIONAL Public Relations wants to hear from you.
NATIONAL is Canada’s leading public relations firm, and we’re looking to add to our growing team in our Toronto healthcare practice by adding senior-level bench strength.
What you will do
As a senior member on the Healthcare team, you will be expected to:
- Develop and execute integrated communications campaigns for our clients in the healthcare space
- Maintain key client relationships by providing strategic guidance and counsel
- Identify and participate in new business proposals and pitches
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and ability to deliver mandates on time and on budget
- Oversee quality control of team assignments including writing, pitching, proposals, reporting and delivery
- Lead projects and financial management planning, implementation, and project teams
- Help attract new talent and work to build a team with diverse views and backgrounds
- Establish strong relationships with both clients and offices throughout the NATIONAL network
- Help guide and mentor staff with empathy and emotional intelligence
The Ideal Candidate Profile
We need people who are truly team players, believe in our clients and are focused on their success. At our core, our goal is simple: we place our clients at the centre of all we do by hiring great people who are passionate about what they do and want to help our clients succeed. Here’s how you’ll do that with us:
- You have a passion to work in healthcare communications- backed with strong writing skills, media relations and presentation skills, and knowledge of social media
- You’ll have a minimum of 8 years previous work experience
- You’ll be ambitious – you want to work hard, have fun and help our team succeed
- You’re entrepreneurial, creative, curious, connected and agile; just like the rest of our team
- You will be EXTREMELY organized – with flawless attention to detail
- You’ve got experience – public relations experience, previous agency experience preferred, previous experience working in a regulated environment (e.g., pharmaceutical company, financial institution, energy sector)
- You will be fearless – you don’t mind deadlines, pressure or competing demands…in fact, you thrive in an environment where every day is different and exciting
- You’re educated – whether in university, college or through relevant experience, but you demonstrate the training and knowledge needed to partner with us to get the job done
- You will be a source of information- knowledgeable about the industry and familiar with current affairs
- You will be in the driver’s seat- your event management/ logistics coordination and communications planning experience will steer the way
- You will be a team-player – teamwork isn’t a catch-phrase, it’s a way of life for us
What we can offer you
- Access to a truly integrated global communications team
- A commitment to your growth and development
- Flexibility around your work and the ability to find reasonable balance in your life
- A fun and talented group of colleagues to work with
- A great roster of clients to work with
- A leadership team that cares about your wellbeing
NOTE: We continue to work remotely during this time.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.