NATIONAL Capital Markets is growing and looking for an energetic and curious communications professional to join our team. We work with a diverse range of clients across industries and practice areas – from technology startups to some of Canada’s most established corporations, providing strategic counsel, investor relations, corporate and transaction communications to crisis and issues management, thought leadership and media relations.
If you are a financial communications professional looking for new opportunities to grow and lead, then NATIONAL wants you. We offer the platform and resources of Canada’s leading public relations firm, a great team and a collaborative environment to help you build your skills and do your best work.
What you will do
As an integral member of the NATIONAL Capital Markets team, you will be expected to:
- Develop strong client relationships built on trust and excellent service
- Lead and manage large, multi-faceted client accounts, including work plans and budgets, and the delivery of high-quality, timely work
- Provide investor relations counsel and support, including the development of integrated IR programs, the communication of our clients’ investment propositions, quarterly reporting and investor outreach and engagement
- Support on financial transactions, including IPOs and M&A
- Develop, strengthen and manage strategic relationships with industry analysts, business and trade media and influencers
- Develop Digital IR and corporate campaigns and content
- Provide integrated, strategic communications and advisory support with regard to corporate reputation, public relations, crises and other client needs
- Engage with clients on Environment, Social and Governance (ESG) considerations, providing counsel, strategies and IR-specific support
- Work with other NATIONAL offices and practices as well as AVENIR GLOBAL agencies and partners in the US and Europe to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Continually look for opportunities to build the business, either through the expansion of existing client mandates or new greenfield opportunities, and contribute to the Firm’s new business development process and strategy
- Demonstrate a continual desire to hone your skills and stretch your abilities
- Be ready for whatever comes your way
The ideal candidate profile
All members of the NATIONAL Capital Markets team are expected to push boundaries and demonstrate leadership. We deliver value by providing informed, strategic counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A track record as a proactive value builder who executes to the highest standards are key assets for this role.
- Strong business writing and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and engender trust
- Proven capabilities delivering integrated communications programs and campaigns, including effective stakeholder advocacy and media relations
- Demonstrated experience in crises and issues management
- Firm grasp of digital/social strategies and how to apply them to corporate/financial communications and complex situations to create awareness and engagement
- Financial acumen and experience in transaction communications and/or investor relations an asset
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
- A collegial, high-performer who is action-driven and accountable and takes pride in delivering high quality work
- A university degree in a related field and/or related certification, and 8-10 years of relevant experience
If you’re interested and up for a new challenge, please submit a resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.