We are looking for a Junior to Intermediate level Web Developer to join our group of web technology experts. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative minds. If you’re passionate about web technology and are eager to work in an agency environment, we want to hear from you.
NATIONAL offers you an opportunity work on projects that are helping to shape the future of our region and beyond. With NATIONAL offices across Canada and partner agencies around the globe, you will get the chance to work on websites and web applications that have broad reach and impact. We’re here to make a difference.
As a Junior Developer, you will work with front-end technologies to create websites for our clients. Being part of the development team, you will collaborate with senior developers, project managers and, as well as work independently to complete tasks and projects. Your work should be of a consistent high standard and you always strive to find the best solution. Previous experience and learning opportunities include:
- CMS setup and integration experience
- Contribution to and a firm grasp of wireframes
- Integrating APIs and third-party services
- Analylics, dashboards and data storytelling
- SEO techniques and best practices
- Working with Git version management
- Collaborating on technical scopes
- QA and testing
- Manage time appropriately and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, but equally as comfortable working as part of a team
- Strong problem solver with the ability to interpret and respond to feedback
Experience and core skills
- A degree or diploma in Web Technology or Computer Science
- 1 – 2 years work experience or relevant internship
- Understanding of web design and user experience
- Knowledge of current web trends and standards
Our team thrives on challenges and works together to solve problems by bringing creative thinking and passion to every project. We want you to do the same. If you possess the following qualities you could be a great fit:
- Creative thinker
- Enthusiastic about technology
- Flexible and adaptable
- Customer focused
- Deadline sensitive
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.