AVENIR GLOBAL, a group of specialist communication firms, is currently looking for an IT Tier 2 Technician to provide technical support to the IT support team, as well as directly to internal end users. This role will sit in National’s Halifax office and primarily service AVENIR GLOBAL’s US brands.
Excellent customer service and written and verbal communications skills are essential to this role. Applicants must have experience in an ITIL / best practice environment and experience with Azure AD, Teams, SharePoint, and Microsoft 365 Suite. Candidates who are also familiar with supporting end users with MacOS, iOS, Android, and Windows 10 will be given preference.
This is not a remote role. Three days per week in our Halifax office is required. Some domestic travel may be required.
- Analyze and resolve tickets according to ITSM procedures and best practices.
- Consult Technician L3 for additional expertise, as necessary.
- Assign tickets to other IT support groups for resolution, where applicable (functional escalation).
- Verify the impact and urgency of the client’s issue, the nature of the incident or service request, and modify the ticket, if necessary.
- Update assigned tickets after each intervention.
- Contact end users to obtain more information to help resolve the incident or conduct tests with the latter, as required.
- Regularly contact clients to provide an update on ticket progress (for tickets resolved at the Service Desk and tickets assigned to another support team)
- Confirm with clients that the service is restored, or the service request is completed.
- Collaborate with Technician L3 or Supervisor in the following situations: Hierarchical escalations; Incidents requiring special attention (client call back, special issue, upon request)
- Identify problem tickets, look at the root cause, and analyze.
- Identify Master–Child tickets and ensure that relationships are created.
- Perform equipment reception process.
- Be able to advise your supervisor or colleagues of problems related to their role and be proactive.
- Excellent customer service skills and ethics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in an ITIL / Best practice environment
- Experience with Azure AD, Teams, SharePoint, and Microsoft 365 Suite
- Familiar with supporting end users with MacOS, iOS, Android, and Windows 10
- Experience setting up laptops and helping with printer issues
- Good troubleshooting skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Team player, collaborative, and committed to the importance of documentation
- ITIL Certification
- Bilingual in English and French
AVENIR GLOBAL is a Montreal-based holding and management company with an active operations mindset and a hands-on approach to all its investments. AVENIR GLOBAL has 1,000 staff and offices in 22 locations across Canada, the U.S., Europe and the Middle East and ranks among the top 25 largest communication firms in the world.
AVENIR GLOBAL is committed to employment equity and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive culture where everyone can make their unique contribution. As a company, we are committed to implementing fair practices and policies conducive to a diverse workforce and working environment.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.