NATIONAL is Canada’s leading public relations firm. Our Corporate and Public Affairs practice in Toronto has a reputation that is second to none. We strive to provide our clients with strategic work that shifts reputations, elevates profiles and drives business objectives. NATIONAL advises a wide-range of clients operating in Canada and around the world, with offices in Canada, the U.S, and Europe. We are looking for an intern who can hit the ground running. Someone who has energy and the ability to deliver results every day in a dynamic agency environment.
Your paid internship will support all aspects of our account work in the Corporate and Public Affairs practice group, including corporate communications; social and media relations; government relations; issues management; public engagement; digital strategy and more.
We are looking for a team player with a strong work ethic who is keen to learn and build the foundation for a long-term career at NATIONAL.
The person we’re looking for:
- Shows curiosity for learning about the sectors that drive Canada’s economy such as energy, infrastructure, mining and natural resources
- Has a problem-solving mind and is continually looking for new ways of approaching the challenges faced by governments and industry to grow Canada’s economy
- Possesses a strong understanding of current events, business news and the political landscape
- Instinctively understands how to engage people through captivating storytelling, in-person or through a variety of communications mediums (Word, PowerPoint and other innovative digital platforms)
- Is a natural project manager and is comfortable managing up to ensure projects are completed on time
- Can leverage their strong aptitude for research, writing, proofreading/editing, and critical thinking to client work
- Loves collaborating on teams – you are a goal-oriented, ‘yes’ person!
- Is looking for a role where you can contribute to the growth of our clients and NATIONAL
It would be even better if this person:
- Has an interest in or experience with pitching media and executing other traditional PR activities
- Is actively involved in the politics or grassroots community organizing
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously – but takes their work VERY seriously
- Sees this as a start to a long and rewarding consulting career at NATIONAL
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
Please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.