We’re seeking graphic designers who are Swiss Army Knives—comfortable with production, design, and art direction. Oh, and you need to love digital too.
This is an opportunity to work on a wide-range of clients, locally, nationally, and internationally in a fast-paced studio. You’ll work with other members of the creative team and collaborate widely across the firm, working on everything from integrated marketing campaigns to advocacy work.
- Strong design skills
- Confident decision maker
- Technically savvy
- Collaborator and connector
- Focused achiever
- Team player
- Customer focused
- Deadline sensitive
As a Graphic Designer, you will be responsible for creating and delivering consistent, high-quality work by balancing design aesthetic with business needs and uses, using your creative background to build engaging marketing material and collateral to meet brand standards of clients. You will utilize proven design skills and print production knowledge to:
- Develop brands and logos
- Create innovative design work and solutions that meet the creative brief provided
- Act as a key brand advisor for clients, both adhering to existing brand guidelines and creating them
- Work with Creative Director, Art Directors, Production Artists, and Project Managers to ensure work is on brand, on time, on budget, and always exceptional
- Ensure that creative assets are tied into the brand platform and design system
- Design templates that will be used internally as well as for select client groups
- File and manage work and creative assets
- Track time and resources required on project-by-project basis
- Liaise with external suppliers as required
- One-to-five years’ professional experience designing for both print and digital, with a well-developed understanding of the technical differences between the two
- Proven design skills including ad layout, typography, and photo editing.
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat Pro)
- Ability to design and animate PowerPoint presentations
- Strong understanding of web design
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Keen eye for detail
- Ability to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines
- Ability to work efficiently and independently, but equally as comfortable working as part of a team
- Experienced problem solver with the ability to interpret and respond to internal and client feedback
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team
- Strong knowledge of video production/editing experience a plus
- Experience in digital animation a plus
- Portfolio of past work required
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.