NATIONAL is expanding its fast-growing Capital Markets and strategic advisory practice and is looking for a senior leader with excellent writing and client management capabilities, extensive experience in financial and corporate communications, and strong business development skills.
NATIONAL is able to provide clients a uniquely integrated service offering that combines deep capital markets knowledge and experience with strategic communications, the latest in digital strategies, public affairs and best-in-class creative and marketing support.
If you are a strategic, out-of-the-box thinker, with a business mindset, high standards and a desire to help your clients communicate effectively, then NATIONAL wants you. We offer the platform and resources of Canada’s leading public relations firm, a great team and a collaborative environment to help you build your practice and do your best work.
NATIONAL serves companies of all sizes, in all industries…from multi-billion dollar telecommunications corporations to early-stage technology companies and cannabis startups. Our practice is designed to provide the full-range of communications support and counsel – from corporate communications and crisis and issues management, to mergers and acquisitions, quarterly reporting and media relations.
What you will do
As a senior leader on the Capital Markets team, you will be expected to:
- Provide strategic counsel to CEOs, Boards and senior management
- Lead and manage large, complex client accounts, ensuring the delivery of high-quality work on time and on budget
- Provide integrated, strategic communications and advisory support with regard to corporate reputation, public relations, transactions, special situations, crises and other client needs
- Develop, strengthen and manage strategic relationships with top-tier media, industry analysts and influencers.
- Work with other NATIONAL offices and practices as well as AVENIR GLOBAL agencies and partners in the US and Europe to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Continually look for opportunities to build the business, either through the expansion of existing client mandates or new greenfield opportunities, and contribute to the firm’s new business development process and strategy
NATIONAL’s senior leaders are strategic advisors, excellent writers and creative, entrepreneurial thinkers – we deliver value by providing informed, knowledgeable counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A clear track record as a trusted advisor and value builder are key assets for this role.
- Proven capabilities delivering integrated communications programs and campaigns, including effective stakeholder advocacy and media relations
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in complex situations: M&A, shareholder activism, proxy challenges and litigation, leadership transition, bankruptcy and restructuring
- Demonstrated experience in crises and issues management
- Business mindset and understanding and appreciation of corporate goals and considerations
- Experience and understanding of digital/social strategies and how to apply them to capital markets communications and complex situations to create awareness and engagement
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
- A collegial, high-performer who is action-driven and accountable and takes pride in delivering high quality work
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.