NATIONAL is expanding its fast-growing capital markets and strategic advisory practice and is looking for smart, strategic leaders with excellent writing and client management skills and a solid grounding in capital markets and/or investor relations.
NATIONAL is able to provide clients with a uniquely integrated service offering that combines deep capital markets knowledge and experience with strategic communications, the firepower of digital analytics, and best-in-class creative and marketing support.
If you are a strategic thinker, entrepreneur and innovator looking to drive a dynamic and growing business, then NATIONAL wants you. We offer the agility and space to build your practice with the infrastructure and resources of Canada’s leading public relations firm.
NATIONAL serves companies of all sizes, in all industries, from multi-billion dollar health care firms to early-stage technology companies and cannabis startups. We’re an established, successful firm with deep roots in the capital markets, but we have a start-up mentality—we move fast, do great work, and help our clients succeed.
What you will do
As a senior member on the capital markets team, you will be expected to:
- Provide strategic counsel to CEOs, Boards and senior management
- Lead and manage larger client accounts, including work plans and budgets, and the delivery of high-quality, timely work
- Provide strategic communications and advisory support for transactions and special situations
- Design, manage and execute successful investor relations programs and campaigns (which may include message development; interacting with members of the investment community such as analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, retail brokers and the financial media; coordinating non-deal roadshows; preparing disclosure documents, etc.)
- Maintain expert knowledge of evolving capital markets, industry and competitive issues and developments that impact our clients
- Work with other NATIONAL divisions and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Continually look for opportunities to build the business, either through the expansion of existing client mandates or new greenfield opportunities, and contribute to the firm’s new business development process and strategy
The ideal candidate profile
NATIONAL’s senior leaders are strategic advisors, excellent writers and innovators—we deliver value by providing informed, knowledgeable counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A clear track record as a trusted advisor and value builder are key assets for this role.
- Recognized experience in investor relations—with established relationships in the capital markets
- Experience in complex situations: M&A, shareholder activism, proxy challenges and litigation
- Excellent writing skills and experience in key aspects of strategic communications, message development, and message delivery
- History of designing and executing creative investor relations programs
- Experience and understanding of digital/social strategies and how to apply them to capital markets communications and complex situations to create awareness and engagement
- A demonstrated capacity for leadership, communication and teamwork
- A university degree in a related field and/or related certification
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.