Collaborative. Accountable. Entrepreneurial. Do these words describe your approach to work? Do you have a passion for client service, strategy, and trying new things? Are you entrepreneurial with a passion for managing integrated accounts, combined with the leadership skills to rally the best in the business? Does the idea of inspiring change get you jumping out of bed in the morning?
If your answers to these questions are yes and you want to join a dynamic group of marketers, then NATIONAL may be your next workplace. NATIONAL is seeking a Director, Integrated Marketing in our Halifax office. We’re looking for a go-getter who wants to be involved in some of the most important work in Atlantic Canada and across the country.
A key team leader, you have an ability to set and manage multiple priorities, delegate, and undertake complex mandates. You have well-honed skills in marketing strategy, tactics, communications planning, writing, and client counsel. You bring people together. You are comfortable across owned, earned, and paid channels, from traditional or digital perspectives. You are entrepreneurial, and you thrive in a fast-paced, high energy, creative and dynamic work environment.
You will be responsible for leading projects and managing client accounts, implementing, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies, supporting and collaborating with consultants, coordinators, and creative and digital team members, and participating in new business and marketing activities for the firm. The person we’re looking for is expected to:
- Lead and manage projects and accounts
- Deliver strategic counsel to the firm’s clients to guide their business and communications objectives and challenges
- Foster integrated marketing capabilities within our team
- Champion strategic and creative thinking and process
- Provide professional leadership on client mandates
- Build strong, on-going client relationships
- Contribute to and lead new business development
- Lead project and financial management planning, implementation, and teams
- Identify opportunities to extend and expand our work with existing clients
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to provide value-add client service
- Engage in team collaboration, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills with the firm’s clients and colleagues across the NATIONAL network
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as marketing, public relations, or communications
- 8-10 years’ experience in a related role with expertise in all or some of public affairs, corporate communications, marketing communications and brand development (agency and/or consulting experience is an asset)
- Exceptional client focus and relationship management skills
- Excellent writing, presentation, and creative abilities
- Sound operational and financial management skills
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple, complex accounts with a high standard of service
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Strong understanding of the media and industry including the business community and government
- Familiarity and enthusiasm for digital communications, online state of the art media, and integrated marketing communications
Up for a new challenge?
If you feel you meet the requirements, or would like more information about this role, please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
This position is based in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.