NATIONAL Public Relations, Canada's leading public relations firm, is seeking a Director, Corporate Communications. Based in Montreal, the candidate will work with the office’s various consulting teams to help evolve communications strategies for clients in a variety of sectors and industries.
We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit—a consultant at heart, versatile, energetic, with strategic thinking abilities, who will be able to support a variety of clients from a range of industries in their corporate communications, visibility and awareness campaigns, government relations, issues management and positioning.
If this profile describes you and you seek to join a growing team with varied and stimulating challenges and projects, we want to meet you.
Specifically, you will:
- Provide consulting services for a variety of clients
- Think strategically, adapting to the needs of each client’s industry
- Interact with various levels of government (municipal, provincial and federal)
- Manage crisis situations or issues, and develop tools to prevent them
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of communication strategies related to various client mandates
- Work as a team with colleagues with varied expertise to develop a concerted and integrated offer for existing or prospective clients
- Identify positioning and public speaking opportunities, particularly with business groups and associations
- Draft various communication tools: press releases, speeches, communication plans, issue management plans, etc.
- Work with peers in other offices within the firm’s network to identify growth opportunities
The Director will also be asked to identify relevant external training/conferences to expand our service offerings that they or a team member will attend.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in a similar position in an agency or organization, or experience in public relations, journalism, law
- Knowledge of the Quebec and Canadian government and media landscape
- Excellent writing skills
- Knowledge of the political and public affairs process
- Fluently bilingual, both written and spoken
- Excellent oral presentation skills
- Agency experience
- Experience in public affairs and reputation management
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Customer service orientation and 360-degree vision of projects
- Ability to express yourself in front of a group and to share your ideas
- Versatility and autonomy
- Ability to adapt to various situations and client cultures
- Sense of initiative and teamwork
- Good political sense, positive attitude, motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work on several projects at the same time, while managing priorities
Only successful candidates will be contacted for the next steps in the process.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.