NATIONAL Public Relations is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and respected senior corporate communications professional to play a significant role within our Calgary office. Our team in Calgary plays a fundamental part in some of the country’s most significant communications programs, issues and crisis helping clients communicate effectively in a disruptive business environment. As a senior contributor to our Western Canada team, this role promotes to a positive culture, leading by example. The Director, Corporate Communications/Public Affairs will help our clients drive change and public affairs engagement using strategic, creative and fully integrated approaches to communications, government relations, media relations, advocacy, and engagement.
You’re 10 or more years (preferably more) into a successful career in corporate communications and public affairs, at least some of which has been in either a government or agency environment. You’ve earned trust by treating your stakeholder’s business interests with the same passion, commitment, and energy they possess. As a public affairs nut, you comfortably and confidently navigate between providing in-depth strategy to a growing roster of clients, while simultaneously directing your team to design and deliver integrated communications programs that help those clients succeed. You are a true team player who inspires and supports clients and colleagues. An excellent networker with a broad array of industry, media and government relationships, you love the new business process no matter what the industry. You pride yourself on staying ahead of the curve when it comes to integrating new communications approaches into the way you work, and the campaigns your team creates and executes for its clients.
We are looking for someone with a fire in their belly. This opportunity will allow you to work with an exceptional team in Calgary while tapping into the best thinking across a global network.
- Build rapport and credibility with clients, based on trust and expert counsel
- Lead the Alberta-based public affairs portfolio incorporating insights to develop strategic communications and counsel for clients
- Act as primary contact for high-profile, large clients with national mandates
- Ensure client satisfaction with the Firm, our services, our staff and quickly and effectively resolve client problems or concerns
- Exemplify and actively foster a culture of teamwork and collaboration
- Take a leadership role in supporting the office business development in achieving year-upon-year client growth and account profitability
- Leverage your extensive professional network within Western Canada to build new business
- Develop and manage complex client budgets
- Maintain and grow relationships, recognizing and capitalizing on emerging opportunities, to help clients succeed
- Initiate, develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders and community organizations
Your skills and experience
- Strong leadership and team development skills; including ability to inform, delegate, empower and motivate
- A solid track record in client service excellence and relationship building and/or deep sectoral knowledge and specialized expertise – strong knowledge and experience within the energy and agriculture industries would be a definite asset
- Proven business development skills and success
- Strong understanding of and experience with government relations, media relations and integrated communications solutions to clients
- Ability to manage multiple accounts and priorities
- Excellent EQ, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work at both a leadership and tactical level
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate communications; agency experience a must.
To apply, please send your resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.