We are looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our group of digital technology experts and developers. Based out of our new space in the heart of downtown Halifax, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with problem solvers and curious, creative minds. If you’re passionate about digital experiences and are eager to work in an agency environment, we want to hear from you. NATIONAL offers you an opportunity to work on projects that help to shape the future of our region and beyond. With NATIONAL offices across Canada and partner agencies around the globe, you will get the chance to work on websites and web applications that have broad reach and impact. We’re here to make a difference.
As a Digital Project Manager, you will work with the Director, Digital Strategy to manage and coordinate website projects within the agency and be responsible for the day-to-day scheduling of work for the digital team. As the key liaison between the digital web team and the consultant team you will collaborate with consultants, designers, developers, content specialists, and other team members to ensure smooth delivery of projects. Your work should be of a consistent high standard and you strive to add value at every opportunity. Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the digital team workload to ensure proper prioritization and delivery of work to meet due dates (includes leading weekly team production meetings and daily updates)
- Manage intake of new project requests and coordinate assignment of tasks using project management tools
- Collaborate with the Director, Digital Strategy and consultants to develop and manage scopes, timelines and budgets for web projects
- Act as a liaison between digital, creative, and consulting staff to ensure necessary and consistent flow of information
- Lead some projects independently and communicate directly with clients when required
- Coordinate and participate in the development of testing plans and quality assurance process for web projects
- Manage the implementation of regular website maintenance for projects with ongoing support agreements in place
- Maintaining a database of domain registry and website hosting accounts and coordination of renewals
- Monthly tracking and reconciliation of credit card charges related to digital projects
- Support and participate in responding to RFPs, providing relevant content, budgets, and timelines as needed
Experience and core skills
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a relevant field
- 2 - 4 years’ experience in a related role with focus on digital project management
- Strong knowledge of website development practices and procedures
- Demonstrated experience with project management tools and methodologies
- Experience with content management systems an asset
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional team collaboration, client focus, and relationship management skills
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite
To apply, please send a cover letter with resume. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.