We are an integrated PR firm, combining strategy, creative and digital thinking for AOR clients, brands, and organizations—regionally, nationally and internationally. Our toolbox contains everything from design to crisis management. Our work is memorable, meaningful and motivating, and comes in every shape and size from influencer events to national creative campaigns.
As Content and Social Media Director at NATIONAL, you’re committed to making our teams better by bringing your best thinking to every room and contributing to a culture of creativity and innovative thinking.
You bring creative ideas, a natural curiosity, and an interest in pop culture, current events, and industry trends. You’re willing to put in the work, you’re committed to lifelong learning, and you’re always thinking of new ways to reach audiences across channels.
Does this sound like you? Join our team.
In this role, you’ll work with different teams and clients to integrate content strategy and reach audiences when, how, and where they want to be met. Your skills, expertise, and characteristics should include:
- Analytical: Able to combine qualitative and quantitative data to extract actionable insights from the client’s content efforts. They can predict future trends because today’s best practices aren’t going to be tomorrow’s best practices.
- An agile learner: Insatiable thirst for what’s new in the industry. You listen to podcasts, read publications, and look for data to stay on top of new tools and trends.
- Current: Content surrounds and consumes us every day, and the best content strategists follows trends, the latest channel developments, pop culture, and generational habits. Our ideal candidate is quick with ideas, feeding into a quick environment.
- Creative: You can see beyond industry norms to create groundbreaking and engaging content. You set trends—you don’t follow the crowd.
- Organized: You collaborate with different departments and effectively manage content creation workflows. You organize an editorial calendar while overseeing A/B testing, conversion funnels, and many other facets of the team.
- Entrepreneurially-minded: Content is a powerful sales tool, and you can put on a sales hat when necessary. You understand the role content plays in converting readers into customers and know what types of content will fuel the process.
- Flexible: NATIONAL takes an integrated approach to every file and project. The Content and Social Media Director is able to apply the principles of content strategy to files spanning marketing, public affairs, creative, and digital.
- Collaborative: Content spans many clients, file types, and internal teams. The Content and Social Media Director can play a role on accounts across service offerings, business streams, and adapt to changing content needs from client to client while ensuring we’re bringing our best thinking at all times.
- Social: The content team is a champion for our clients, so you need to be able to communicate with them to tap into their wants and needs. The Content and Social Media Director is comfortable exchanging ideas with colleagues, peers, and clients and be able to convey key messages in a way the audience will understand.
- Empowering: You build the skills of those around you and make teams stronger by bringing new thinking, encouraging risk taking, and creating a culture of learning and nimbleness. You create a content team organically by building the skills of the collective team and help all colleagues see the value of content in their mandates.
To learn more about this role or to apply now, with a cover letter and resume, reach out to us in confidence at email@example.com. Reference “Content and Social Media Director” in the subject line of your email.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is Canada’s leading PR firm. In the Atlantic offices (Halifax, St. John’s and Saint John) we work with clients across many sectors, including consumer products, pharma, transportation, infrastructure, energy, government, natural resources, startups, education, professional services, finance, and more.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.