NATIONAL Public Relations Inc., Canada’s largest public relations consultancy, is seeking a Consultant to manage our media monitoring and reporting team. We are looking for a doer with experience in media monitoring and crisis communications, aptitude for project management, and interest in measurement to join NATIONAL Toronto’s growing team.
Our ideal candidate is a people-first problem solver who enjoys project management, always considers the details, and delivers a high standard of work in a collaborative and positive way.
Working as a collaborative partner to our teams internally and with clients alike, the successful candidate will know how to translate requirements into projects that are delivered on time and on budget with the highest level of quality.
This role is the front line of NATIONAL’s monitoring and reporting mandates, delivering ongoing client reporting and supporting our clients and colleagues in campaign and crisis work. This position leads a talented group of analysts who work together to deliver best-in-class monitoring and analysis that puts our clients’ needs at the centre of their work every day.
Candidates should bring their understanding of earned and social media and measurement, their strong collaboration, project management and people skills, and their critical thinking skills to this dynamic.
What you will do
Scope, manage and execute monitoring mandates, including:
- Coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects that are delivered on time, within scope and within budget
- Defining project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility, and manage changes to scope, schedule and costs
- Developing detailed and comprehensive project plans to monitor and track progress on all projects and that are shared with clients and internal teams
- Performing risk management to minimize project risks, reporting and escalating to senior leadership as needed
- Ensuring resource availability and allocation through resource planning
- Resource development, training and management, ensuring that we have a pool of trained and high quality internal and freelance monitoring talent who can deliver
- Building and managing relationships with internal teams and clients
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with third parties/vendors
- Creating and maintaining comprehensive project documentation
- Ensuring that all client deliverables meet the quality expectations of the client
Continually look for opportunities to improve the efficiency of the team and services we provide clients including technical deployments of new tools, ongoing support of media monitoring automation and implementing project management tools and systems.
Familiarity with social media and earned media data sets, considering multiple inputs and ensuring quality assurance
Maintain knowledge of evolving techniques in monitoring and measurement, bringing new ideas to the team in order to propose ideas to advance client goals
Contribute to the practice and Firm’s new business development initiatives
Work with other NATIONAL practices, teams and offices to deliver high-quality services and solutions
- Three to five years’ experience with media monitoring and measurement in PR, communications, marketing or equivalent, as well monitoring and measurement tools
- Three to five years’ experience in project management
- Experience in crisis communications mandate, including earned media and social media monitoring in crisis scenarios.
- True team player who is eager to collaborate, is willing to roll up their sleeves and get into the weeds, and help the practice and Firm achieve its business objectives.
- A people promoter, advocating for the advancement of their team and championing them with internal teams and client
- Lifelong learner who pushes themselves to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to monitoring, measurement and communications trends.
- College or university degree or equivalent in public relations, marketing, communications, commerce, or a related field
- Agency experience is an asset but not required
- Experience with social listening tools like Meltwater, Cision or Sysomos an asset but not required.
NATIONAL offers an opportunity to do challenging, unconventional work, while building a career in consulting with a firm that recognizes performance and rewards achievement.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL. Please note only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.