NATIONAL Atlantic, headquartered in Halifax, is an award-winning, full-service marketing and communications agency. You will often find our team at the center of initiatives and issues that are shaping the future of our region. With nine offices from coast to coast—three of which are in Atlantic Canada—and our sister agencies in the AVENIR GLOBAL network, one of the largest communication firms in the world, we have access to clients and talent from across the globe. In Atlantic Canada alone, we have a deep bench, with teams specializing in creative, marketing, web development, public affairs, and research.
NATIONAL Atlantic is seeking a Consultant, Marketing, to deliver strategic thinking and exceptional client service for our clients, and to collaborate with the teams both in the region and across the network. A consultant holds responsibility for account management, client relations, supporting with communications/marketing strategy and overseeing execution. They handle a wide range of assignments and offers effective counsel to clients on complex issues and problems, as well as contributing to the good functioning of the Firm through internal responsibilities.
From campaign development to brand narrative to strategic communications planning, you will be joining a team that is recognized for its expertise and the ability to help clients connect with the people who matter most to them –with the right message, at the right time. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative, and technical minds. NATIONAL supports hybrid and in-office work arrangements, and this position will be based in our Halifax office.
NATIONAL offers something you might not find elsewhere: an integrated firm, where marketing works alongside, and is supported by, PR, creative, digital and research teams. No silos. That means you’ll have a big toolbox. You’ll be able to tap into everything from influencers to government relations to support your strategy, and you’ll have a team of passionate, curious, and nerdy-in-the-best-way teammates helping you make it happen. Our ideal candidate has agency experience, is curious, collaborative, accountable, detail oriented and passionate about marketing. They wake up in the morning thinking about industry trends, branding, and how effective communications resonate with and motivate audiences.
- 4-6 years experience in a marketing role
- Agency experience, or extensive experience working with an agency from the client side
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop communication plans and/or programs, with broad knowledge of branding principles, paid media strategies and other marketing fundamentals
- Strong writing skills
- A strong work ethic with ability to learn and grow
- Exemplifies the core values of the Firm: be smart, be inclusive, be a multiplier, be accountable, be kind, be agents of change
- Lead and support key client files and ensure that client’s needs and expectations are understood and managed
- Manage day-to-day accounts, from mandate definition to budget development and through to invoicing, ensuring timely delivery to client deadlines
- Support in the development of strategies as required, including marketing communications strategies, brand strategies, campaign strategies, and creative briefs and provide senior level client counsel
- Work collaboratively with public affairs, digital, creative and research colleagues to support the development of integrated communications strategies, campaigns and brands
- Work with the data and insights team to conduct research and report, measure, and optimize the success of integrated campaigns, communications strategies, and tactical plans.
- Manage complex projects and programs and propose solutions for any client service problems that may arise
- Manage relationships with suppliers and partners on Firm’s and clients’ behalf
- Ensure quality control for finished product delivery
- Set and manage budgets, as well as prepare invoices and budget control reports
- Contribute to business development by identifying opportunities, pursuing leads, writing proposals, marketing the Firm and participating in professional associations
- Enthusiastically educate clients about the products and services of the Firm
- Market their specialized knowledge/expertise/capabilities through appropriate channels
General and Fiscal
- Contribute to the internal functioning of the Firm by leading or playing an active role for various initiatives (e.g., committee chair or member, prepare and deliver content at professional development sessions, lunch & learns, etc.)
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of practice economics and profitability in the management of accounts and mandates
- Raise awareness about specialized knowledge/expertise/capabilities throughout the Firm
Team and HR Management
- Help to build client teams, including identifying relevant resources onto team from throughout the Firm
- Distribute and supervise workload among more junior to team members
- Clearly communicate all time and budget guidelines to team members
- Set and achieve high performance expectations which are motivating and results oriented
- Create and sustain a dynamic work environment through enthusiasm and open communication
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.