Do you have a passion for health and wellness? Do media relations and digital communications fascinate you? Are you interested in supporting communications initiatives that tackle some of Canada’s most pressing issues?
What we do
We believe in the power of trust. We believe in making meaningful connections with the people who matter most to our clients. We do not just build relationships, we build movements.
If you are passionate about communications and thrive in a fun, fast-paced, high-energy work environment, you will love it here. Our consultants work with clients across every facet of communication, from strategic planning to digital and public engagement to reputation management. We love people who are connected to our communities and want to make a difference.
What you will do
You will be responsible for leading projects and managing client accounts, implementing, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies, as well as supporting and collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams on the delivery of client work, as well as participating in new business and marketing activities for the firm. A consultant is expected to:
- Deliver strategic counsel to the Firm’s clients to guide their business and communications objectives and challenges
- Lead and manage projects to ensure client service, including budget and resource management and profitable delivery of work
- Build strong, on-going relationships with clients, media and stakeholders
- Grow accounts among existing clients and contribute to business development with new clients
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to provide value-added client service
- Collaborate as a team member, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues across the Firm’s network
- Manage media relations campaigns: Supervise development of media target lists, develop compelling media pitches, write news releases and other media materials, conduct media outreach and manage media opportunities
- Manage social media campaigns: Develop and manage content and measure outcomes
- Write a range of communications materials, as well as proofread and edit the work of clients and peers
- Manage third party relationships for clients
- Supervise and help more junior team members deliver on mandates and grow with the Firm.
The Ideal Candidate Profile
We need people who believe in our clients and are focused on their success. At our core, our goal is simple: we hire great people who are passionate about what they do and want to help our clients succeed. Here’s how you’ll do that with us:
- You’re ambitious – you want to work hard, have fun and help our team succeed.
- You’re entrepreneurial, creative, curious, connected and agile – just like the rest of our team.
- You're EXTREMELY organized – with flawless attention to detail.
- You’ve got experience – five years public relations experience, previous agency experience preferred, previous experience working in a regulated environment (e.g., pharmaceutical company, financial institution, energy sector).
- You're fearless – you don’t mind deadlines, pressure or competing demands…in fact, you thrive in an environment where every day is different and exciting.
- You are educated – with at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- You have a passion to work in healthcare communications- backed with strong writing skills, media relations skills, presentation skills, and knowledge of social media.
- You will be a source of information- knowledgeable about the industry and familiar with current affairs as well as the evolving communications space.
- You will be in the driver’s seat- your event management/ logistics coordination and communications planning experience will steer the way.
- You're a team-player – teamwork isn’t a catch-phrase, it’s a way of life for us.
- You love learning: you are curious and proactive about finding answers to your questions and staying on top of healthcare and communications.
- You're bilingual (written and spoken) in French and English.
Please apply using the form below.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.