NATIONAL Capital Markets is growing and looking for keen, strategic financial communications professionals to join our team. We work for a range of clients across industries and practice areas – from cannabis startups to some of Canada’s largest and most established corporations, providing strategic counsel and investor relations, to crisis, litigation and corporate communication support. We are Canada’s most established investor relations and financial communications firm, and if you are looking for a dynamic, intellectually challenging consulting career that provides a front row seat to the exciting world of capital markets, then NATIONAL Capital Markets is the place for you.
What you will do
As an integral member of the NATIONAL Capital Markets team, you will be expected to:
- Develop strong client relationships built on trust and excellent service
- Manage client accounts, including work plans and budgets, and the delivery of high-quality, timely work
- Support in the design, management and execution of successful investor relations programs and campaigns (which may include strategy and message development; interacting with members of the investment community such as analysts, portfolio managers, investment bankers, retail brokers and the financial media; coordinating non-deal roadshows; preparing disclosure documents, etc.)
- Keep abreast of evolving capital markets trends, industry and competitive issues and developments that impact our clients
- Work with other NATIONAL divisions and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to digital content development and stakeholder research)
- Demonstrate a proactive desire to seek new business opportunities with existing clients and identify new sources of revenue
- Demonstrate a continual desire to hone your skills and stretch your abilities
The ideal candidate profile
All members of the NATIONAL Capital Markets team are expected to step up, push boundaries and demonstrate leadership. We deliver value by providing informed, strategic counsel and high quality, client-centric services. A track record as a proactive value builder who executes to the highest standards are key assets for this role.
- Strong business writing and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to engage with clients and engender trust
- Strategic thinker with a capacity for leadership
- Knowledge of capital markets and ability to read and analyze financial statements and disclosure documents
- Experience in investor relations preferred
- Established relationships in the capital markets a bonus
- Familiarity with complex situations: M&A, shareholder activism, proxy challenges and litigation an asset, although not essential
- Firm grasp of digital/social strategies and how to apply them to capital markets communications and complex situations to create awareness and engagement
- A university degree in a related field and/or related certification, and a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
If you’re interested and up for a new challenge, submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.