Are you always the first of your friends and/or colleagues to identify new trends, share the latest memes or test out a new social platform? Are you a quick learner who likes to experiment and try new things?
NATIONAL Public Relations is seeking a dynamic, collaborative, and respected social media and digital professional to play an important role in providing our clients with social media content, community engagement, platform management and digital paid media programs.
The position will be based in our Calgary office and our team plays a fundamental part in some of the country’s most significant communications programs, issues and crisis helping clients communicate effectively within disruptive business environments.
You’re five or more years into a successful career in digital and social media management, at least some of which has been in a large corporate, government or agency environment. You thrive in an entrepreneurial, client service environment and you’ve earned trust by treating your stakeholder’s business interests with the same passion, commitment, and energy they possess. You are a true team player who inspires and supports clients and colleagues, and you pride yourself on staying ahead of the curve when it comes to integrating new communications approaches into the way you work, and the campaigns your team creates and executes for its clients.
We are looking for someone with a fire in their belly. Idle is not a word that describes you. This opportunity will allow you to work with an exceptional team in Western Canada while coordinating and collaborating with a large client-specific team across the country and tapping into best thinking in our global network. This role is challenging, fast paced, fluctuates, and is responsible for the day-to-day execution of digital programs and building trusted relationships with their clients.
Flexible: Calgary or Vancouver
- Relevant educational background, preferably in digital media, journalism, public relations, advertising or communications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Understanding of paid advertising tools within Facebook, Instagram and other social media channels
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling social media content, particularly for complex clients and/or subject matter
- Experience developing an audience targeting strategy across paid and owned channels to support advocacy and awareness campaigns
- Experience with community management and social media management tools
- Understanding of social media monitoring and reporting and experience using social media monitoring tools
- Excellent writing and editing skills for social media and web content
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables concurrently
- Highly organized and ability to adhere to budgets and timelines
- Highly accountable and organized with excellent time management skills
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.