NATIONAL Public Relations Inc., Canada’s largest public relations consultancy, is seeking an experienced professional specialized in strategic communications to join our Corporate Affairs practice in Toronto.
We are looking for a self-starter and creative thinker who demonstrates a passion for strategic communications, as well as a commitment to client service and business development.
The successful candidate will have experience and exceptional skills in high-stakes issues and crisis management, reputation management, campaign strategy, thought leadership, media relations, public engagement and stakeholder relations.
With increased expectations for organizations to communicate and engage with stakeholders, especially on important projects that require regulatory approval and social acceptability, you should understand how to help design, activate and manage communications campaigns that reach and motivate target audiences.
Working as a trusted advisor to leading organizations from multiple industry sectors – such as corporate, government, natural resources, energy, labour, consumer goods and manufacturing – the successful candidate will know how to translate current events, political developments and corporate news into strategic opportunities for our clients.
Candidates should understand how to integrate social media into corporate communications strategies, including for issues and crisis management, thought leadership programs and public affairs campaigns.
What you will do
NATIONAL’s Corporate Affairs practice client base is expanding and we are looking for a corporate communications expert to help service our clients and drive business growth. This role will include several responsibilities, including:
- Serve as a day-to-day, client-facing manager for accounts across multiple industry sectors
- Interact daily with our clients’ senior communications leaders and work as part of an integrated team to deliver expert counsel and exceptional client service
- Manage high-stakes issues and crises, as well as reputation management programs for our clients
- Design, manage and execute successful communications campaigns, which may include message development; earned, owned and paid media strategy; content development; employee engagement; public engagement; and stakeholder relations
- Develop and manage communications/advocacy campaigns in support of our clients’ public affairs objectives
- Maintain expert knowledge of evolving economic, political and social issues that affect our clients; able to propose ideas to advance client goals
- Project manage accounts, including work plans and overseeing account budgets
- Contribute to the practice and Firm’s new business development initiatives, with a focus on helping to grow our client base in issues/crises management, reputation management, campaign strategy and activation, employee engagement; public engagement and stakeholder relations
- Work with other NATIONAL practices, teams and offices to deliver integrated communications services.
- Three to five years experience in strategic communications within a consulting, political, corporate or public service setting, and ideally with established relationships in business, government, public service and media
- Strategic thinker with strong interpersonal skills who wants to work in a client service environment
- Networker and entrepreneur who likes the challenge of business development
- Lifelong learner who pushes themselves to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to communications trends
- True team player who is eager to collaborate and help the practice and Firm achieve its business objectives
NATIONAL offers an opportunity to do challenging, unconventional work, while building a career in corporate communications consulting with a firm that recognizes performance and rewards achievement. If you’re up for a new challenge to join Canada’s PR Firm, submit a cover letter and resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL; however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.