NATIONAL is seeking a Consultant to join our St. John’s office to deliver great thinking, strategic counsel, and exceptional client service. This person will have a firm grounding in public affairs combined with a passion and interest in integrated marketing. The work will be varied and exciting, touching areas of practice from strategy to issues management, community engagement, narrative and message development, brand strategy, government relations, and marketing communications. Our team is recognized for its expertise and ability to help clients connect with the people who matter most to them –with the right message, at the right time, in the right way. The ideal candidate will be both connected to our community and want to contribute to exciting work outside of the region.
We are looking for experience in project management, planning, stakeholder mapping and engagement, writing, and navigating complex issues. A strong ability to project manage and stay organized is essential. Foundational characteristics for this position include the ability to work independently and to collaborate with team members in Atlantic Canada, in other cities in Canada and in our expanded global network, and with partner organizations. We are looking for someone who is driven by solving problems and by providing great client service.
As a Consultant, you will be responsible for leading projects and managing client accounts; implementing, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies; supporting and collaborating with senior leaders and creative and digital team members; and participating in new business and marketing activities for the Firm.
A Consultant is expected to:
- Deliver counsel to the Firm’s clients to guide their business and communications objectives and challenges
- Lead and manage projects to ensure client service and delivery
- Build strong, on-going client relationships
- Contribute to new business development
- Meet billable targets and identify opportunities to extend and expand our work with existing clients
- Identify and cultivate opportunities to provide value-add client service
- Engage in team collaboration, demonstrating exceptional interpersonal skills with the Firm’s clients and colleagues across the NATIONAL network
- At least 4 years’ experience in a related role, with an ability to design, execute and manage communications strategies (agency experience is considered an asset)
- Post-secondary degree in a related field such as public relations, political science, business administration, or public administration
- ICS training considered an asset but not a requirement
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and opinions through written and verbal communications and presentations
- Ability to manage accounts with a high standard of service
- Strong client focus and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of government, media, and industry, including the Atlantic business community
- Ability to set and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional teamwork and collaboration skills
- Familiarity and/or comfort level with digital public affairs, including strategy, monitoring, application of research, and measurement, and other facets of the medium.
Please note that we will only be reaching out to those candidates who are being considered for an interview.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.