Are you passionate about technology trends and spend hours tracking Canada’s innovation landscape? Do you have your finger on the pulse of what’s new and next in emerging technology and think about how it will transform how we live? Do you have a growth mindset, love to build and win? Are you interested in helping a team scale and drive communications for award-winning technology companies?
If so, NATIONAL Public Relations wants to hear from you.
NATIONAL is Canada’s leading public relations firm, and we’re looking to add to our growing team in our Toronto technology practice by adding senior-level bench strength.
What you will do
As a senior member on the Technology team, you will be expected to:
- Develop and execute integrated communications campaigns for our clients in the B2B and B2C technology space
- Identify and participate in new business proposals and pitches
- Support the writing of thought leadership for executives, including op-eds, written interview responses and social media
- Maintain key client relationships with clients, journalists, influencers and associations in Canada’s technology ecosystem
- Oversee quality control of team assignments including writing, pitching, proposals, reporting and delivery
- Lead projects and financial management planning, implementation, and project teams
- Help attract new talent and work to build a team with diverse views and backgrounds
- Establish strong relationships with both clients and offices throughout the NATIONAL network
- Demonstrate strong project management skills and ability to deliver mandates on time and on budget
- Help guide and mentor staff with empathy and emotional intelligence
The ideal candidate profile
We need people who are truly team players, believe in our clients and are focused on their success. At our core, our goal is simple: we place our clients at the centre of all we do by hiring great people who are passionate about what they do and want to help our clients succeed. Here’s how you’ll do that with us:
- You have a passion to work in both B2B and B2C technology communications- backed with strong writing skills, media relations skills, presentation skills, and social media
- You’ll have a minimum of 10 years previous work experience
- You’ll be ambitious—you want to work hard, have fun and help our team succeed
- You’re entrepreneurial, have a start-up mindset, creative, curious, connected and agile; just like the rest of our team
- You will be organized—with flawless attention to detail
- You’ve got experience—public relations experience, previous agency experience, or equivalent experience working in communications in the technology sector
- You will be fearless—you don’t mind deadlines, pressure or competing demands…in fact, you thrive in an environment where every day is different and exciting
- You’re educated—whether in university, college or through relevant experience, but you demonstrate the training and knowledge needed to partner with us to get the job done
- You will be a source of information- knowledgeable about the industry, have strong relations and are familiar with key players, trends and associations
- You will be a team-player—teamwork isn’t a catchphrase, it’s a way of life for us
What we do
We connect clients to the people who matter most, with the right message, at the right time. Grounded in research, insight and deep sector understanding, we provide creative communications solutions that move people in thought and actions.
We bring together teams of discipline experts from across our network to deliver bold thinking that shapes businesses, communities and culture. For over 40 years, we have been at the centre of issues and industries that matter, leading change for today and tomorrow.
Intrigued? Then please submit a resume in confidence.
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.