NATIONAL Capital Markets is growing and looking for a keen, strategic financial communications Analyst to join our team. We work for a range of clients across industries and practice areas – from cannabis startups to some of Canada’s largest and most established corporations, providing strategic counsel and investor relations support.
We are Canada’s most established investor relations and financial communications firm, and if you are looking for a dynamic, intellectually challenging consulting career that provides a front row seat to the exciting world of capital markets, then NATIONAL Capital Markets is the place for you.
This role is a place to hone analytical and communication skills, and further inherent interests in Capital Markets and Business Analytics. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for providing ongoing counsel, analytics support, and strategic insights for both our Firm and our clients across the consumer, corporate and financial, technology, health sciences, and government sectors. This opportunity provides a place to grow in a fun agency environment and gain a strong command of using data to build stronger communications programs.
- Support the development of Investor Relations programs around the needs of clients and help to modify these strategies as the client companies evolve and client’s needs change;
- Provide analysis to support strategies – this may include analyzing existing research, sourcing/identifying supporting research, providing competitive analysis, developing strategy documents;
- Work with senior management to ensure the accurate and achievable management of client accounts;
- Develop and disseminate content, including support slides for presentations, press releases, investor kits, quarterly reports, annual reports, corporate fact sheets and website profiles;
- Ensure regulatory filings are completed on time;
- Coordinate client events such as road shows, annual general meetings etc.;
- Participate, as appropriate, in the presentation of the work to clients;
- Ensure client satisfaction with the Firm, our services, our staff and quickly and effectively resolve problems or concerns;
- Exemplify and actively foster an environment of teamwork and co-operation;
- Leverage traditional, digital and social media as well as emerging technologies to develop and execute strategic solutions for clients;
- Manage supplier relationships on behalf of clients;
- Safeguard and promote the Firm’s brand;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams inside and outside the agency to turn data into ideas;
- Assist new business development by conducting research on: capital markets prospects including trading history, analyst coverage, peer comparisons, web analytics breakdowns, competitive analysis, traditional and digital media analysis
- Prepare for/participate in new business pitches and creative sessions
The Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You thrive in a flexible, collaborative team environment, have strong organizational and communication skills, are a motivated learner, and are able to see insights and stories in data and numbers
- You will be expected to step up, push boundaries and demonstrate leadership
- You possess strong business writing and presentation skills
- You are able to engage with clients and colleagues in a way that engenders trust
- You possess a preliminary knowledge, and/or interest in capital markets and the ability to read and analyze financial statements and disclosure documents
- You have a firm grasp of digital and social strategies and how to apply them to capital markets
- You have a university degree in a related field and/or related certifications and a minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.