Are you a digital native with a journalist’s sense of storytelling? Do you thrive while working on multiple projects and for several clients at once? Are you detail-oriented to the “nth” degree? Do your writing skills put others to shame? Are you a spreadsheet Jedi with a flair for work-back schedules? Does planning a flawless event sound like your idea of a good time? If so, NATIONAL wants to hear from you.
NATIONAL is Canada’s leading public relations firm. Our entrepreneurial, creative, connected and bold Digital, Marketing and Technology practice supports some of the top brands in Canada. We’re looking for a go-getting Associate to join our growing marketing team; someone who understands brand marketing, today’s consumer and the role of public relations in the results-driven marketing mix.
A key team player, an Associate works as part of a team – alongside account managers and directly with our clients – as well as independently. They foster client relationships, develop and execute creative communications programs, and play an active role in the industry (and within our Firm).
The person we’re looking for:
- Has been working in communications for a minimum of two years, or more
- Understands the evolving media landscape and the role of influencer marketing – and has built a network of contacts
- Consistently demonstrates strong organizational skills, attention to detail and respect for deadlines and program budgets
- Has experience within the lifestyle and/or consumer technology space
- Is a strong writer who knows how to build a compelling story and then customize that story for the right audience – confidently developing everything from press releases and pitches, to presentation decks
- Has a solid understanding of logistics and program/event planning
- Has a personal passion for communications and experience working with external and internal audiences
- Lives for measurable results
- Loves collaborating on teams
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously – but takes their work VERY seriously
- Has a college or university degree or equivalent
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
Please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence
We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.