NATIONAL is seeking an Associate Vice President in New Brunswick. We work with clients across every sector and every facet of communication, from strategic planning and digital development to public engagement and issues management. We are looking to expand our team with passionate people who are both connected to our community and want to contribute to exciting work across our global network.
Our ideal candidate will be skilled in building and leading teams, communications strategy development, government relations, stakeholder mapping and engagement, writing, and navigating complex issues. Foundational characteristics for this position include the ability to work independently and to collaborate with team members in Atlantic Canada, in other cities in Canada, in our expanded global network, and with partner organizations. We are looking for someone who is driven by solving problems and by providing great client service.
As the lead of our New Brunswick team, you will be responsible for leading projects and managing client accounts, implementing, tracking, and measuring the effectiveness of communications strategies, supporting and collaborating with consultants, coordinators, and creative and digital team members, and participating in new business and marketing activities for the Firm.
- Identify, respond to, and lead new business opportunities and pitches
- Maintain significant, ongoing year-to-year client base
- Maintain and grow client value by recognizing and capitalizing on emerging opportunities
- Initiate, develop, and maintain relationships with influencers and opinion leaders
- Demonstrate a strong grasp of current events and the business and media landscape and an understanding of how they provide context for clients as well as our own
- Set and manage client expectations
- Identify and manage issues and develop solutions to complex problems
- Establish and maintain relationship of trust with clients
- Deliver wise counsel in an effective and confident manner
- Ultimate responsibility for quality control on all mandates
Team Management and Leadership
- Optimize resources by leveraging skillsets and expertise from across the NATIONAL Atlantic team and the NATIONAL network
- Develop strategic partnerships in New Brunswick to help service clients when needed
- Lead the team in the management and growth of client business
- Play an active role in coaching and facilitating professional development of team
- Cultivate a positive and proactive culture in keeping with our values: being kind, accountable, smart, a multiplier, and a positive agent of change
- Exemplify and actively foster an environment of teamwork and cooperation
- Play a key role in the recruitment of new colleagues
- Responsible for performance review, professional development, mentorship, and advancement within the New Brunswick team
- Take personal responsibility for mentoring and long-term career development of colleagues
- Manage human resource issues under your remit as they arise
- Contribute to establishing the strategic direction of the Firm by participating in the strategic and business planning process
- Assume responsibility for performance and management of the New Brunswick team and contribute to practice areas across Atlantic Canada team
- Play a lead operational role in financially significant mandates or those of strategic importance
- Add value to the Firm by contributing to the Firm’s operations and product and services development
- Handle at least one major administrative function (e.g., training, special company marketing initiatives)
- Maintain an active presence in the communications and/or business community through networking, professional associations, committee work, speaking platforms, placed articles, and media exposure
- Understand and use appropriate financial and management tools to achieve client and Firm objectives
- Manage the achievement of billable targets on an individual, group or account, office and Firm-wide basis
- Ultimate responsibility for budget management and invoicing
- Contribute to achieving financial performance objectives of the group, office, and Firm
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.