As Canada's leading PR firm, the team at NATIONAL Public Relations connects clients to the people who matter most, delivering the right message, at the right time. Grounded in research, insight and deep sector understanding, we bring together teams of disciplined experts from across our network to provide creative and integrated communications solutions that move people in thought and actions.
We have an immediate opening for a Public Relations Associate/Consultant to service our growing roster of technology-related clients in British Columbia and across the country. If you’re looking for a dynamic role with a high performing, high impact team—look no further. We want you here.
You’re a self-starter, real team-player, love to write and have media chops. You enjoy research, are digital in all things and aren’t afraid to bring forward new ideas and really immerse yourself in the exciting work of your clients.
Role and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to participate in the development and implementation of strategic communications activity and related tactics
- Understanding of the Western Canada media landscape, journalist relationships an asset
- A savvy writer who can drive media relations activities from planning, outreach, monitoring and reporting
- Experience creating compelling written content suitable for both on and offline channels
- Perform a variety of communications tasks, including social media coordination, event management, digital and data analytics, research and reporting
- Contribute to high-functioning, high-performing teams of seasoned communications professionals in a fast-paced environment in servicing clients locally and across NATIONAL’s network of agencies
- Experience developing thought leadership and influencer campaigns an asset
- Understanding of media and social media management tools
Required skills and competencies
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a communications role, with an interest in agency work and expanding your digital, media and analytics skills
- Exceptional writing ability with experience
- Interest in enhancing your digital skills in a business context
- Level-headed problem solver with a professional, service-oriented attitude
- Exceptional communications and client service skills
- Sales- and team-oriented with the willingness/ability to roll up your sleeves in the name of teamwork and collaborate
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial
If you’re interested and up for a new challenge, please submit a resume in confidence. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.