NATIONAL Public Relations is Canada’s leading public relations firm, home to the market’s foremost pan-Canadian public affairs teams. Our entrepreneurial, creative and connected Public Affairs practice advises a wide range of clients driving Canada’s economy.
We are looking for an ambitious, go-getting and collaborative Associate or Consultant to join our growing Ottawa team to help deliver results for NATIONAL and our clients.
As a key team member, attached to NATIONAL’s Ottawa office, you will manage day-to-day aspects of public affairs, government relations and corporate communications accounts, while also growing your business management skills. Most importantly, we’re looking for talent who is keen to learn and build a long-term career at NATIONAL.
We are interested in hearing from candidates with three to four years of full-time work experience in the fields of public affairs, government relations, corporate communications (public relations), policy or politics.
The person we’re looking for:
- Demonstrates passion for federal government relations, stakeholder relations, and advocacy
- Shows curiosity for learning about the sectors that drive Canada’s economy such as energy, infrastructure, education, and healthcare
- Has a problem-solving mind and is continually looking for new ways of approaching the challenges faced by governments and industry to grow Canada’s economy
- Understands the federal legislative processes, including the strategic issues that matter to business and the public
- Instinctively understands how to engage people through captivating story telling, in-person or through a variety of communications mediums (Word, PowerPoint and other innovative digital platforms)
- Embraces new technologies and a natural curiosity about their potential to motivate the public, industry and governments
- Can be in the driver’s seat for event management, logistics coordination and communications planning
- Is a natural project manager with experience developing and managing budgets
- Loves collaborating on teams – you are a goal-oriented, ‘yes’ person!
- Consistently demonstrates attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ideally has a network in the Ottawa business, politics, government relations and public affairs industries
- May watch CPAC, though might not admit it, as part of an understanding of the Ottawa press gallery’s media landscape
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously – but takes their work VERY seriously
Are you intrigued and up for a new challenge?
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.