In an ever-changing landscape, communications professionals must be agile, curious, and able to stay up-to-date with the newest trends, best practices, and industry standards. We’re looking for someone who gets out of bed every day to push themselves, their teams, and their clients harder to create and implement impactful communications strategies and programs.
NATIONAL’s Ottawa team is growing and we are looking for a bilingual communicator to help drive our business and serve our clients. From media relations, to public engagement to issues management, the team is recognized for its know-how—able to help clients connect with the people who matter most in the right place, with the right message, and at the right time.
What you will do
- Serve as a day-to-day, client-facing contributor for multiple accounts.
- Project manage accounts, including work plans, monitoring account budgets and program execution.
- Maintain strong knowledge of evolving issues and developments that impact our clients; able to propose proactive ideas to advance client goals.
- Work with other NATIONAL practices and teams to deliver integrated services (from media relations and advertising to content development, social media and stakeholder research).
- Contribute to the firm’s new business development process and efforts.
- 2-4 years’ experience in a communications role, with a demonstrated ability to able to design, execute and manage integrated communications strategies with impact
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field such as public relations, communications, or marketing
- Agency experience is an asset
- Strong client focus and relationship management skills
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and opinions through written and verbal communications and presentations
- Excellent time management skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of the media and industry including the business community and government
- Understanding of digital, social, and paid platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Google AdWords
Please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence. We thank you for your interest in NATIONAL however only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates.
We subscribe to the principle of employment equity and invite all qualified candidates to participate in its recruitment process. If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.