NATIONAL is seeking an Associate in New Brunswick to deliver great thinking and exceptional client service. From government relations and issues management to community engagement and marketing, you will be joining a team that is recognized for its expertise and the ability to help clients connect with the people who matter most to them—with the right message, at the right time. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a tightly integrated environment with passionate problem solvers and curious, creative, and technical minds.
Our ideal candidate is curious, follows politics, and wakes up in the morning thinking about current events, communications, and how information (and misinformation) moves through traditional and social media channels. You are interested in the news cycle, what drives attention and activity, and consider the implications of strategic decisions made by organizations or individuals in the media spotlight.
- College or university degree or equivalent in public relations, marketing, communications, commerce, or a related field
- Two-to-four years of experience in related field
- Agency experience is an asset but not required
- Aptitude and experience with analyzing social and traditional media
- Ability to learn and grow
- A strong work ethic
- Experience with social listening tools like Meltwater, Cision, or Sysomos is an asset but not required
- Work collaboratively with consulting, digital, and creative colleagues to support the development of integrated communications strategies
- Contribute as a member of the Social Intelligence Team, which analyzes social and traditional media data to help inform strategy during an issue or crisis, in addition to conducting landscape reviews to help understand industry trends
- Assist new business development by doing research, gathering insights, creating competitor profiles, etc.
- Prepare, attend, and manage the outputs of meetings as part of the consulting team
- Work with the Data and Insights Team to conduct research and report, measure, and optimize the success of integrated campaigns, communications strategies, and tactical plans
- Build and manage project budgets, timelines, and deliverables and ensure that assigned responsibilities are completed efficiently, effectively, and on time
- Work with teammates to provide sound client counsel
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner day-to-day and manage projects with a sense of urgency
- Ability to clearly express thoughts and opinions through written and verbal communications
- Curiosity about the art and science of public affairs, public relations, communications, and/or integrated marketing now and in the future
- Knowledge, familiarity, and ongoing interest in pop culture, current events, local and global news, and industry trends
- Familiarity with social media data sets, considering multiple inputs and translating them into salient observations and recommendations
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to shift priorities at a moment’s notice based on client need
- Naturally organized and able to multitask
- Comfortable working in an industry that changes fast and frequently and ability to adapt to different client situations and cultures
- Interest in reporting, measuring, and optimizing the success of integrated campaigns and communications strategies through digital data and insights platforms
- Ability to think creatively and bring a unique point of view to every room
NATIONAL is committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates. We value diversity and creating an inclusive culture where everyone can bring their true selves to work. We are committed as a company to equitable practices and policies that encourage a diverse workforce and work environment.
If you require a special accommodation, please advise the Human Resources Manager or Hiring Manager during the hiring process.